01 November 2023

Feathers TMR

Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for 

 
For some reason I struggled with this card, but as you see I got there in the end. I stamped, embossed and inked with DI's and die cut the feathers, then any ideas I had gone out of the window, so off I go looking for a sketch to help, I used this one. Well it does have a feather on it!!!!!!
  
I used a piece of feather paper from a paper pad, cut to size, adding a piece of gold card to match the gold embossing on the feathers. I decided to stamp a sentiment onto the base card, above the paper, wrong! The stamp decided to half stamp, it fell off my stamping platform and smudged the card. I die cut a piece of card and stamped the sentiment again, to hide the smudge, then attached the feathers with some gold thread. I was quite happy with the rescue and the card after all. 
large feather - I can't remember where it came from
small feather stamp, die, and spots on large feather - Magazine freebie 
inks - Distress Inks, hickory smoke, antique paper
embossing powder - Altenew Antique Gold
paper - Craft Sensations, The Range
thread - stash
 
 
Male cards can be quite tricky for some, come and visit and maybe enter your own masculine card, plenty of ideas on the blog. Hope to see you there.  
 

27 comments:

Janette said...

A beautiful card Faith, absolutely love the feathers, so pretty. xx

Carol L said...

Those delicate feathers are beautiful for guys or gals and that's a great sketch you chose for this card too.

brenda said...

The feathers make for a great masculine card Faith, mo sign you struggled and your always spot on with masculine.

B x

wannabcre8tive said...

A fabulous card. I love the paper you used.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A lovely masculine card Faith, and you saved it perfectly!! Love those feathers!

HilaryJane said...

I know that stumped feeling very well so I am glad you found inspiration in the end. Love that white space on your finished card and the added texture from the thread. Very well rescued too xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great masculine card love the beautiful feathers and feather p.paper.
Carol x

Christine said...

Love those feathers.
Thanks for your comments on my post. I am slowly getting over the trauma, the flashbacks are getting less.....

Sarn said...

WOW - this is fantastically feathery Faith! Love it xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Faith this is beautiful I really love the feather detail perfect for a male a smashing card
hugs
lorraine x

Shirley Young said...

A beautiful design Faith xx

Linby said...

Your card has a lovely serene feel to it. Great design.

jimlynn said...

The feathers are perfect! LOVE all of them and they fit just right with the sketch challenge too. Love your card Faith.
I'm going to be on a short/long blogging break but I'll be back around at some point.
Lynn

Nancy said...

Fabulous card, Faith! The feathers are so lovely, and the feather paper is absolutely ideal! :o)

Chrissy said...

WoW, it is a beautiful card Faith, love the papers and the design, those feathers are fabulous..

luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

Fabulous card Faith those feathers are gorgeous! hugs x

Vicky Hayes said...

Loving the feather theme Faith and this is a gorgeous sketch! Great save too! Vicky x

Aimeslee Winans said...

It's a nice guy card, Faithie! I have feather stamps and dies but find them hard to use for some reason. Good weekend, xoxo

Pat said...

Great card, love the feasthers, thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky.

Pat xx

Lisa said...

Great use of that layout and the feather paper is a wonderful touch to pair with the feathers.

creationsnz said...

It's fabulous Faith, love the whole concept and you made it your own. CarolG

Heather said...

Well, I think it turned out fabulously!! The paper is gorgeous and those die cut feathers are perfect! The little bit of gold twine finishes it off perfectly!

Rosemary said...

another fabulous masculine design, faith! perfect take on the sketch.

MortiCraft said...

Yes a surprisingly difficult theme for a masculine card. You’ve aced it though and the colours are super…I never tend to reach for shades of brown but this has taught me that I should do! X

pinky said...

That is a lovely take on the sketch Faith. I do love that feather paper too!

Pat said...

Haven't we all had to cover an inky smudge at some time or other Faith, but you would never know as all the elements you used look great together with the beautiful feathers and the feather paper and gold thread, and the sentiment put on a banner works brilliantly. x

Leslie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love feathers on a card!