18 November 2023

Christmas Gnome WLSC

Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for We Love Stamping. This month we would love to see all sorts of Christmas Characters, from Gnomes to Robins, Santa to Angels, and so many more familiar to us at this time of year.
 

I don't have many Christmas Characters in my stamps, but I do have this Gnome and I love him. He has a home too. I stamped the Gnome, then masked him and added his home, I masked that too and added the trees. They were coloured with DI's with some grey squiggles for snow shadows. 

After some thinking that it was too CAS, I decided to do a faraway scene, by stamping the trees and adding a few white highlights to the trees, and colouring the sky. I made a mess of the part, where I added the fading sun. So added a circle, after I had coloured it and stamped the top of the tree onto it. Only then did I die cut the images. I then layered it onto a die cut burgundy colour paper, to make it all as "warm" as the sentiment, then added it all to the base card. I then decided it needed a little sparkle with a snow writer.

gnome & house - Apple Blossom Stamps, a magazine freebie
all trees and sentiment - magazine freebies 
inks - Distress Inks, many colours
glitter dimensional snow writer - DecorArt 
dies - Sue Wilson Noble square dies
burgundy paper - Lidl
 
These are the wonderful prizes this month.
 Three prizes, two dies from Sizzix and stamp from Craft Stash 
 
Don't forget, we will now require At least one stamped element on entries. Those of you like us, who love to stamp, we would still love you to enter your fully stamped entry.

 
 

28 comments:

brenda said...

You "faraway scene" was a good idea as it works very well Faith and ties in the colours of the toadstool house perfectly.

B x

Pauline C said...

Adorable card Faith, the gnome and his house are so sweet and beautifully coloured, and I love your faraway scene .. I really must try that!!
Pauline xx

Janette said...

The scene is lovely Faith, love the gnome image, so cute. A gorgeous card. xx

Lisa said...

Super cute gnomie scene. I love the wonderful colors in the sky.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Faith I love all the stamps and the scene you created -love the little house.
Carol x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous scenery and so cute card with lovely images;-))m

NanaConnie said...

What a fantastic sky, Faith! Great scene and I love your coloring. :-D

Leslie said...

I totally love this! What a great little scene you've created! Sorry I've fallen behind in my commenting but I'm getting caught up this morning! ;)

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card - beautiful scenery!!!

Liz said...

Great card Faith, I love your gnome in his snowy scene, looks like a fun home to live in too. xx

Dena J said...

What a perfect little home! And I love how you've created the near and far scene. So sweet.

HilaryJane said...

I love this, such a great and warm scene. Love how you saved it from your mess up. Adding the background was a great idea too xx

Carol L said...

Oh my goodness, what a fabulous little fun scene you've created! I love the little gnome in the snow, but that stovepipe with the smoke coming out of the mushroom house is just the cutest thing ever!

Shirley Young said...

What a great design Faith, love the gnome and his home and your colouring looks brilliant xx

Hetty said...

Totally adorable scenery you created, Faith.
The gnome is a cutie. Perfect card.

Rosemary said...

Wonderful holiday scene card, Faith. That gnome is just too adorable standing in front of his little home!

Chrissy said...

Your scene is fabulous Faith and I love the cute gnome holding his lantern..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linby said...

Great combination of stamps to create this wonderful Christmas scene.

coldwaters2 said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Faith that scene you have created for the gnome is ACE superb work
hugs
lolo x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous Faith, you have created a really lovely scene, even your Gnome looks happy.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such cute and warm card, Faith! I have this set of stamps too, but always make a mess with the gnome hands LOL
You cover your mess on the sun so well, and love very much the way you coloured the mushroom/house, really festive and cute!

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Faith hugs Sue x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a cute card, Faith, and a great 'save' with the 'sun'
Blessings
Maxine

Sarn said...

Oh that is CUTE Faith. Love it xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

Such an amazing snow scene Faith and I love the way you added warmth to it with that blazing sunset sky! It's got so cold here today we might be in for a bit of the white stuff soon! Vicky x

pinky said...

That is just adorable and you have given him a gorgeous wee scene Faith.

Pat said...

What a wonderful bright orange sky Faith and the added sun works perfectly, and love the cute gnome and house surrounded by the snowy trees, and some great shading and added glittery bits in the snow. I do have the gnomes freebie but hate to say I don't think I have ever used them..tut tut! x

Chana Malkah said...

Super cute! I like the perspective on this one! Of course, you know I love all things Gnomes!

Hugz,
Chana