05 July 2023

Travel TMR

Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for  
 
 I was fortunate to win a set of assorted stamps from Uniko, one set which fit this challenge so well, however I was CAS minded and only used 4 of the set.  Never mind, here is my card on the theme of travel. I followed this sketch very loosely.
I stamped the balloon shape then added the basket shape, the flags shouted out to me, so I added those too, then embossed them with gold powder. I coloured them with DI's and did what I hate doing, but had too, and that was fussy cut them. 
 
A stitched die was used to cut the background. I was going to add a digital paper sky, but then decided to try to copy it with Oxide inks, this is the result. The sentiment was stamped onto the sky and the balloon placed with 3D pads. It seemed too CAS, (what is too much?) so I added some birds. 
 
air balloon, basket, flags & sentiment stamps - Uniko Stamps (thank you for my wonderful win)
birds stamp - Magazine freebies 
stitched die - Card Making Magic
sky inks - Distress Oxides, lost shadow, chipped sapphire, shaded lilac, 
tumbled glass, salty ocean
balloon inks - Distress Inks, carved pumpkin, squeezed lemonade, cracked pistachio

 

this is the sky I tried to copy, 
Gina Jane breezy sky 


23 comments:

Janette said...

Love the natural looking sky Faith and who doesn't love a hot air balloon, a gorgeous card.xx

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card - love the image and sky!!!

Maria said...

I think your sky is perfect, so pretty! And, love the colorful hot air balloon! Great card!!

Sue said...

Fab card Faith and love the sky! hugs x

baileyrosy.com said...

Congratulations on your win! Such a pretty card love the gorgeous sky with those little birdies and that balloon is fabulous.

Marie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, your own sky looks just fabulous and love so much this male card! A great CAS!

cuilliesocks said...

A lovely card Faith, love the design and colours, Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and you smashed it with the sky!
Carol x

Dee's Craft Room said...

My goodness Faith, that is some fussy cutting, never easy to cut around something like string or ribbon, very well done. your sky is also very impressive, great card.

Dionne x

Shirley Young said...

Lovely design Faith and you did a great job with the sky xx

brenda said...

You created a great sky Faith and hot air balloons are certainly a fun way to travel (not that I've ever tried it!).

B x

jimlynn said...

Faith, that sky looks REAL! WOW! Love the way you did it. The hot air balloon is so cute too - great card!
Lynn

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Faith. Love everything about it.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Brenda said...

Oh Faith, I love this card! I think you did well with the travel theme because those balloons can travel! I miss seeing them fly around my house. Back in the 90's we'd see them a lot, but I never see any. You did a wonderful job with that sky, look every bit as good as the one you have pictured! Love this card yes indeed! Hugs, Brenda

MortiCraft said...

I recognise that stamp set!! So great to see you using your Uniko goodies and how fabulous they were perfect for The Male Room challenge. Brilliant card. X

Chana Malkah said...

Faith, your background is GORGEOUS! You used all my favorite Distress Oxide colors! Beautiful blending and so well organized. I love this card!
Hugz,
Chana

Linby said...

This is wonderful, I did once go up in a hot air balloon! Your background is so lovely.

Lisa said...

Great card with the sketch. Super image and scene.

Leslie said...

Great card, Faith! Love the balloon!

Rosemary said...

You put your prize to good use with this lovely card, Faith!

HilaryJane said...

Congrats on winning some Uniko stamps. Your balloon card is great, I do love that sky xx

Hetty said...

Super fun card for the sketch challenge!
Love to see the balloons. Usually in August.

Chrissy said...

Fantastic Faith, the sky is wonderful and I love the birds and hot air balloon..fabulous.

Luv CHRISSYxx