01 July 2023

Flamingo CCC

   Hi Everyone, my one of 2 DT cards today is for -

Critter Crazy

Whether Furry, Feathered, Fantasy, Fairytale, 
Scaly, or Insect, there must be a critter...

Looking through my stamps for an animal, I came across this Flamingo, that hasn't seen any ink and I thought it about time it did. I printed the sentiment that I had seen online onto card, then stamped and embossed in gold onto the same card. To make it more interesting, I decided to add embossing lines each side of the flamingo and use a marker in pink. What a mess I made. To save the sentiment and flamingo, I cut the card each side of the flamingo, then edged it with the same ink, and used it with the flamingo backing paper, I found in my files.

 The flower stamps were included in the stamp set, so I stamped and embossed in gold onto pink card. A completely different card to what I intended, but it turned out OK. 

I made the insert in Photoshop, adding a flamingo, again in my files and a sentiment that I thought of, because of all the pink!

All stamps - Magazine freebies, SC&P #205
ink- Distress Oxide, kitsch flamingo 
embossing powder - Altenew Vintage Gold
font - Goodies Alt2
flamingo digital paper - Sizzix
insert flamingo - Marisa Lerin Digital Scrapbook/Pixelscrapper

  Just in case you can't see it, the sentiment is in pink and says
 "We are tickled pink to wish you a happy birthday" 

17 comments:

Janette said...

Just catching up with everyone I seem to have missed. This is a gorgeous card inside and out, love the Flamingo.xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely card, so sweet with all that pink and gold! Love the flamingoes and the hibiscus!

Carol L said...

Oh my goodness, I love how you created this unique and fun card with that great sentiment! Fun inside too and this will make a perfect card for someone who enjoys the color pink!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the card and pink Flamingo
Carol x

Shirley Young said...

Lovely card Faith and brilliant sentiment xx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great save, Faith, and a fun card as a result. The inside sentiment finished the theme beautifully
Blessings
Maxine

jimlynn said...

It turned out so cute - both inside and out Love the little flamingo and your pretty card.
Lynn

Rosemary said...

Fabulous flamingo card, Faith!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous inside and out Faith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Beautifully done and all pages finished so well. XOX

Chana Malkah said...

What a cute Flamingo It must be something in the air! I am working on a Flamingo project. Right now it is a mess and may end up in the trash!

You did a fabulous job inside and out!
Hugz,
Chana

Greta said...

This is so cute! Love the inside, too!

pinky said...

What a brilliant idea, the sentiment is sooooo perfect and love how you finished the inside too.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Opps, I seem to have missed a couple of cards Faith.

I had to enlarge the photos for this card to really appreciate just how gorgeous the details are on this card. I just love all of the gold bling and the witty sentiments.

Dionne x

Brenda said...

What a cute card Faith and I am loving the sentiments. I don't know why, but I just love flamingo cards. I guess maybe because they remind me of summer? Who knows. But nice save with the flamingo and sentiment! Love the tropical flowers too. Hugs, Brenda

Heather said...

So, I came here to comment on this card, and I got distracted by your "Cat loss" card and almost forgot what I was here for! This is super fun! Great image and sentiment and, of course, all the pink is fabulous!

Hetty said...

I always love how your cards have a beautiful inside too!
Love the flaminge.