15 July 2023

Bird brain

Hi Everyone, I saw this fat bird and had to use it, as it made me smile. It was originally for QKR. I'm so sad they are not available any more. 

Sorting some paper files the other day, I came across this feather digital paper that I thought would be suitable to use with the fun bird. I also decided he needed to sit on something, so I took him, the branch and the sentiments into Silhouette. After printing and cutting him 4 times and the sentiments and the branch just twice each, I cut around the sides and bottom of the feet, to base the bird on the branch. 

I coloured the branch and the bird quite simply, although you can't see the shading on the bird much, then glued them together, the background paper was printed and cut to fit and was layered onto yellow card. 

The bird was attached to the branch and both added to the background layer, then the sentiments, with an inked border, were added to each corner. All attached to the feather and yellow card and then onto the base card.

 image - Fat Bird, Bird Brain & Bird Day - Eureka Stamps
branch - Vinyl Designers
markers - Spectrum Noir, BG2, CT3, DG4, EB5
paper - Humble & Create. Digital Press
 

27 comments:

Janette said...

Oh Faith that poor little fatty sat there, hahaha, he looks so sad, that branch needed to be solid, bless him. Fab and fun card, I love it.xx

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh I love this fun bird and that is a great feathery background for it too.

Carol L said...

I love every detail you put into this fun little birthday card! That's such a clever sentiment too. Thanks for the chuckle :)

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Faith love the fat bird sat on the branches,hope all is well.
Carol x

Beebeebabs said...

LOL tooooo cute!!!

Nancy said...

That's just a fabulous card, Faith! The bird, the layers, the background, and the sentiment are all so fun! :o)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Please put me back on your reading list, Faith!
Hope all is better now.
Clever and well done card, that is perfect paper.
I too had a QKR image mashup planned and printed, may just go ahead and use it as it looks like those days are gone.
Hope you are cooler than we are!
XXO

jimlynn said...

OMGoodness! TOO cute and fun - and fabulous! Love the dimension and of course the feather background paper is perfect for this little guy. PRECIOUS card!
Lynn

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A fabulous card, it really made me smile and loving the image and wording too! michelle x

Liz said...

Love this card Faith, it really made me smile. Your bird is fabulous and a great sentiment. xx

pinky said...

This is absolutely brilliant Faith. I love the fun sentiment too!!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Love this card, the chubby dove and the feathered backing paper but most of all I love the sentiment. As I get older I find more and more that I am late sending birthday cards. It's not that I forget exactly, I am aware of the approaching date but just do not get around to putting a card in the post in time!

Very impressed with all the layers.

Dionne x

Christine said...

Great card, love the sentiments

Shirley Young said...

Love everything about it Faith and you always come up with brilliant sentiments xx

Brenda said...

Oh he is a nice plump bird isn't he?!! I love how round he is. LOL I also love the feather paper, goes perfectly with your feathered friend. Love how you have perched him on the branch too. Such a cute, cute sentiment too. Hugs, Brenda

Linby said...

Another absolutely brilliant sentiment and the background looks perfect with your bird.

Sue said...

This really made me chuckle Faith what a brilliant image and sentiment hugs x

Leslie said...

Such a fun card! That chubby bird is a hoot!

KraftyKoolKat said...

I adore this rather plump bird Faith.😁
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Hetty said...

Such a fun card and perfect background paper!

Chana Malkah said...

Love the bird! This is delightful!
Hugz,
Chana

brenda said...

Tremendous fun Faith, shot visit, on big time catch up.

B x

R's Rue said...

So cute

HilaryJane said...

Ha ha, love it. You made great use of your silhouette too. Well done xx

Chrissy said...

So cute and fun Faith, I giggled, love the fat bird..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Vicky Hayes said...

That bird is a sweetheart Faith and I love the great paper and apt sentiments you use with her! Vicky x

Sarn said...

LOVEthis humorous card Faith x