01 July 2023

Four peas QKR

Hi Everyone, one of 2 my DT cards today was for -

QKR Stampede - Challenge #467

      Edited to add:  We are sad to announce that this will be our last challenge for an indefinite period.  The QKR Stampede and Eureka Stamps brands are up for sale and, until a new buyer is found, the challenges will be on suspension.  Neither can QKR Stampede/Eureka Stamps sponsor any outside challenges until a new buyer takes over since there is no website available for viewing or choosing the prize images.

I am, however, still posting the card I did for the Challenge.

A simple card today, just some Peas and a Pea background! I  thought this sentiment would be great for a masculine card.

I took the image and dp into my Silhouette and print and cut, cutting 4 of the peas with a tiny border around them. Then I coloured the peas with markers, a change from DI's. After colouring, I attached the 4 layers together and added the image to the background layer, which I had layered onto a piece of card. The "pea" background paper was also layered onto the same card, leaving a narrow border on each. 

Like I said, very simple, but fun.

paper -  Green Circles, CreativeFabrika
card - Create & Craft 
inks - Spectrum Noir CG2, DG2, DG3
white Pen - Uniball
Silhouette 

20 comments:

Janette said...

This is sad to read, so sorry to hear this they have been around a long time, hopefully someone will buy and carry on.
Your card is delightful Faith.
How is your son doing now, I hope he is better.xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fun card, Faith! :D Love the matching background!

Carol L said...

Those peas look like anything but jolly LOL This is such a cute and fun card with those little eyes and faces on the peas :)

crafty-stamper said...

Sorry to see another one closing! Great fun card and image-look as though they had already been celebrating lol
Carol x

Sue said...

Awww poor peas look so sad Faith but your card is great! hugs Sue x

Shirley Young said...

Great, card Faith, love the poor little peas xx

Pauline C said...

Great fun card Faith - very cute!
Pauline xx

kiwimeskreations said...

I do hope the firm is sold, and doesn't have to close... what a fun card you have created Faith. Very clever use of your machine.
Blessings
Maxine

Linby said...

Such a fab sentiment and so much fun. A great design.

jimlynn said...

This just makes me smile all over! TOOO CUTE!!! Love that little image and the looks on their faces. Cute, cute card!
So sorry to read about QKR and Eureka. Hopefully someone buys it soon as they have such nice images and stamps.
Lynn

Rosemary said...

Those little peas in a pod are too funny, Faith. Great card!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a fun filled creation Faith. Great image to go with a great sentiment. I am sorry to hear this news. I hope they find a new buyer soon and everything turns out well for everybody.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Chana Malkah said...

Sorry to hear that they are closing! I love their products, and they were always wonderful and generous sponsors!

Quite the fun pun! Cute card! Nicely done!
Hugz,
Chana

Greta said...

Absolutely love your fun card!

pinky said...

What a shame, I hope they manage to get a new buyer Faith. I love what you did with this image and the brilliant sentiment, made me smile for sure!

baileyrosy.com said...

Hahaha I love this but your peas look so sad maybe they realise they will be someone's dinner.

Marie

Brenda said...

Sad the challenge is closing but you have made everyone smile with this adorable card Faith! I love it and it sure made me smile! Sometimes simple is best, it certainly was for this card. Hugs, Brenda

Dee's Craft Room said...

Where do you find all of these sentiments Faith - another good one? Love all the little peas in their pods and the matching backing papers.

Dionne x

Leslie said...

Super adorable card! Love those little peas! And I'm so sad about QKR - I loved playing there - but I totally understand that they have to do what's necessary.

Hetty said...

I love the English sentiment about peas in a pod. We have nothing like it in Dutch. Your card is so lovely.