23 October 2024

7 Year old birthday Girl

 Hi Everyone, my card today is for my Great, Great Niece, who was 7 years earlier this month. She is a real little lady, so I thought I would do a very pink card for her, after finding a lovely paper pad in my stash.

I used a celebration number, cut with my Silhouette, it's the same alphabet as this card. I think it looks so different cut in a colour. A back layer was cut for the 7 in silver mirror card. Her name, Dorothy, was also added inside the top of the 7. 

I then hand cut 2 layers of different card to back the number, the lower layer has stars on it, although they can't be readily seen, the stars match the star on the number. I punched the corners to round them for a softer feel, I thought. 

The next layer has some pretty bows. I thought I would add a bow to the 7 to tie it all together. I love the 3 layer design of the bow, with cut centres to the top layer.

Sparkle pen was added to the number, which shows up in real life, but the camera doesn't pick it up. She is always thrilled with her cards and on a visit in August, was delighted to see where I make my cards for her and her siblings. 

 paper pad - Craft Sensations Kids
bow - Silhouette Design Store #352883 

This is a different view, I was hoping to show the sparkle on the number, but you can see the details better. 

 I touched on her siblings, earlier, this is her 2 year old baby sister Iris, playing with my eldest brother, her 88 year old very active, Great Grandfather, in August. I think it's extraordinary she should know him, let alone be able to play with him. He had been running around, playing ball with her too. Although, I suppose, not as rare as in my days, mine had long gone before I was born. Anyhow, here they are.


5 comments:

Pauline C said...

Fab pink number card Faith … perfect for the recipient and occasion xx

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card. I was fortunate enough to meet one set of my GP's and they taught me so much. Thank you for sharing. WakeyL

brenda said...

Your card really is very sweet and certainly girly and very suitable for a little lady, in this case Dorothy.

B x

Linby said...

Perfect for a girly 7 year old.

Hetty said...

Little girls love pink and your card is just perfect for your niece.