01 October 2024

Guest ELF at Christmas Kick-Start Challenge

 Hi Everyone, I was delighted and thrilled to be asked by Jo, to be Guest Elf for October at the Christmas Kick-Start Challenge #91

 We discussed what theme to work on, and both agreed very quickly, it was to be a colour theme, with the lovely mix of colours below.
Inline image 
 
As soon as I saw the colours, a Gnome came into my head, WHAAT? I hear you say, yes I have a strange thought pattern as many of you know.  Anyhow, I found my loved Gnome and stamped him, and his present. Both were die cut and then coloured. The hands and present were 3D'd onto the body.
 
Next it was the background, I blended the sky, and blended the snow. It was then I stamped the church and trees, I wanted that far away look, so they were also stamped in the blues I had used for the snow. The background was cut to size and layered onto navy card. I then stamped the sentiment, again in blue. My lovely Gnome was 3D'd in the middle of the card, for his hat to emphasise the church. 

I felt it needed some sparkle so added Stickles Frosted Lace along the snow, trees, and church.
 
Gnome - Apple Blossom stamps magazine freebie SCP #181
church and tree stamps - magazine freebie SCP #211
large tree - Chocolate Baroque
inks - Distress inks - mustard seed, spiced marmalade, ripe persimmon, stormy sky, weathered wood, broken china, faded jeans, candied apple
navy card - stash

I hope you join in and start, or even continue, your Christmas cards with us.

No comments: