02 October 2024

Trees TMR

 My DT card today is for

I have a number of images and stamps for Trees, but I went with an embossing folder instead. I embossed it then coloured it with water coloured pencils, I couldn't trust myself with anything else! I added water to a brush, to spread them out, I used different gold inks to colour the decorations. Then I stamped a couple of corners in gold embossing ink to the top of the card to balance it out, I thought.  

 Next I stamped and gold embossed a sentiment on vellum and added it to the tree base. They were then layered onto gold mirror card. The card was slightly short, so I added die cut presents with the white card, overlaying gold mirror card to make the border even. The photo is a little darker than normal, due to me wanting you to see the stamped corners. Although they still don't show as in real life.

pencils - Nuvo Vibrant Watercolour Pencils
Christmas tree EF & dies & stamp - Magazine freebie Simply Cards & Papercraft #209 
gold pigment inks - Kuretake Starry Colours
gold embossing ink - Hobbycraft
vellum - Crafters Companion
gold mirror card - The Range
 

1 comment:

brenda said...

Goodness that's so effective Faith, I'd never dare attempting colouring an embossed image.

B x