06 August 2023

Masculine WLSC

 Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for - We Love Stamping 

the theme this month being "Anything stamped, option, "Masculine"

Please share our challenge logo

 You know I like making masculine cards, however I had a struggle with this, and then realised I hadn't used a stamp I won from Stamp Addicts in February. 

I stamped it twice with Oxide to make a longer mountain range. I dragged the colour out, then used a paintbrush to add green to the trees and grassy land, as I saw it at the time. 

I added blue for water, stamped a sailing boat and fussy cut (UGH!) it, and to give it slightly more prominence. Then added it to the card. A stencil sky, cut with Silhouette and laminated sheets, was added, a few more colours and a few cloud stamps, I thought an early evening sky was called for? 

The birds and the sentiment were stamped, then the scene was die cut and added to black paper to match the birds and sentiment. 

stamps - Stamp Addicts, mountains and sail boat 
all other stamps - Magazine freebies 
stencil - Sarah Hurley Silhouette Design store #89710 
inks - Distress Oxide, pumice stone 
distress inks - chipped sapphire, stormy sky, tumbled glass, squeezed lemonade, candied apple, bundled sage.
 
I look forward to seeing you at the Challenge, don't forget the theme of your entry can be any of your choosing and we would love to see Masculine creations. The most important is that the focal element is hand stamped as our preference (or digital). A small added sentiment or other element to an otherwise non stamped card will be ineligible and may be deleted.
 
The Winner of the challenge, will receive these fabulous prizes from
two prizes, a collection of masculine theme dies and Poinsettias

35 comments:

brenda said...

I looked at your peaceful boating scene several times and felt some recollection, of course I did they are Stamp Addict stamps! Perfect for our theme.

B x

Janette said...

What a peaceful scene you created Faith, I think its a beautiful card. As for fussy cutting, its not a thing I enjoy but I know people that really love it...how odd is that hahaha...xx

Carol L said...

I love the dreamy scene you've created here with the pastel color palate! The sentiment you chose is just perfect! Beautiful!

Pauline C said...

Beautiful tranquil boating scene Faith .. love the subtle colours.
Pauline x

Sarn said...

A great design Faith. Love this scenic card. Don't like fussy cutting then?! xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This card is a real beauty Faith. Very serene.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful stamped scene and love the misty effect with the pastel colours
Carol x

jimlynn said...

Fabulous! I love this scene as it's so peaceful and calm looking. The swiping of the inks for the background sky is beautiful too. LOVE!
Lynn

cuilliesocks said...

What a beautiful tranquil scene Faith, beautifully stamped and coloured, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A fabulous and peaceful scene Faith, love so much your watercolouring! Great fussy cut too!!

Mervi said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card;-))m

Sue said...

What a fabulous scene you have created Faith it's gorgeous hugs x

Shirley Young said...

Such a lovely design Faith, I love the pastel colours - it really is stunning xx

Christine said...

Very pretty

Linby said...

You've created such a beautiful and serene scene. Great sentiment too.

Aimeslee Winans said...

I love that sky and what a wonderful scene you're created! xoxo

Brenda said...

Wow Faith, this card looks amazing! I love the scene, so peaceful and serene. The colors are just gorgeous as well. Boy isn't that sentiment the truth?!! What??? You don't like to fussy cut???? LOL I love to, but have to be in the mood. Hugs, Brenda

Brenda said...

Wow Faith, this card looks amazing! I love the scene, so peaceful and serene. The colors are just gorgeous as well. Boy isn't that sentiment the truth?!! What??? You don't like to fussy cut???? LOL I love to, but have to be in the mood. Hugs, Brenda

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful work as always thanks for sharing!!!

Chrissy said...

What a fabulous stamped scene Faith, love it, and love the sentiment too

Luv CHRISSYxx

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Some beautiful projects Faith xx

Vicky Hayes said...

What a beautiful peaceful scene you've made Faith and perfect for a masculine card. I love the soft colours you used - they really bring the scene to life. Vicky x

pinky said...

Oh that looks so delicate and beautiful Faith. What a great stamp and you have used it well!!

Lisa said...

Incredible scene for this wonderful card. Love the soft colors.

Inkyfingers said...

You've created such a wonderful scene here, Faith and I love the beautiful soft colours you used. That's a wonderful sentiment too!
I hope you are keeping well.
Hugs
Carol x

Rosemary said...

love your fabulous scene card, faith!

wannabcre8tive said...

A gorgeous card, Faith. Love the image and those soft colors that you put with it. Nice work.

HilaryJane said...

What a wonderful little scene. Love the sentiment too. It works brilliantly as a masculine card. Sorry for my late visit. I will catch up eventually xx

baileyrosy.com said...

Such a fabulous scene you have created so much detail and I just love the soft colours and that sentiment is fabulous.

Marie

Gail said...

This is a beautiful card creation Faith - so lovely - you have talent! Have a blessed day! Gail Jean

Maria said...

Oh, what a lovely card with the beautiful scene! Love all the soft colors and perfect sentiment! Well done, great card!!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Simply beautiful Faith! I absolutely love this one. I am a really slow fussy cutter so some projects can take me a while ha ha. Michelle x

Leslie said...

Totally love this! Beautiful scene you've created and one of my favorite sentiments!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Wow, what a beautiful card. I love the pretty pastel colours and gorgeous background - and what a lovely sentiment.

Dionne x

Hetty said...

Beautiful card, great scenery and I love that sentiment.