01 August 2023

Handsome Lion!

   Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for -

Critter Crazy

Whether Furry, Feathered, Fantasy, Fairytale, 
Scaly, or Insect, there must be a critter...

This is the other Lion, I told you about in this post.

My Son's 47th birthday is this month, I usually add his age, and he hates me doing it, so I thought I would be kind to him for a change. hahaha. I had an incredible win from Stamp Addicts in February and after seeing this magnificent Lion, I decided to have him included in my winning stamps. I kept him especially for my Son's birthday.

He was stamped and coloured in DI's, adding a stencilled grass base and patchy colouring for the sky, then I 3D glazed his nose and eyes. He stayed like that for about 2 weeks, with me not knowing what to do from there on. I was looking at sketches online, and came across this lovely card, that I decided to case.

I die cut him, layered him onto brown card and used card the same colours as the grass, 2 colour greens, and the blue of the sky. I stamped the sentiment, used brown card to layer that also, and it was finished in no time. Thank goodness for the case. Although, now looking at it, perhaps the blue piece should have been on top! Oh! Well, he won't notice.
Lion - Stamp Addicts
inks - Distress Inks. wild honey, tea dye vintage photo, walnut stain, salty ocean, black soot, 
mowed lawn, twisted citroen, forest moss
3D glaze - Nuvo Crystal Glaze 
 sentiment stamp - Magazine freebie
all coloured card - Lidl
grass stencil - Funky Fossil 
die - Craft Making Magic

I look forward to seeing your animal as the main focus in our challenge at Critter Crazy .

Crafting Happiness Challenge #145

Crafty Animals #75 

NBUS Challenge #53 

26 comments:

Janette said...

Faith my eldest son Lee is 47 on the 25th of this month too, I can hardly believe it, where did the time go !!!
This is a wonderful card, the image is brilliant, love that Lion, he looks cheeky, haha. xxx

brenda said...

He looks like a very determined chap doesn't he Faith, there's real intent in that face, a fun card.

B x

jimlynn said...

What a cute little lion! Love the expression on his face. That's a great design for a card too. I'm sure he's going to love this.
Lynn

Carol L said...

Oh Faith, this is just perfect for your number-hating son! LOL Great design and a very happy birthday to your son!

Sarn said...

A lovely birthday card for your son. I'm sure he'll appreciate you NOT adding his age this year! xxx

HilaryJane said...

What a great image for your sons special card. Love how you have mounted it too, it works brilliantly xx

Sue said...

What a fabulous Lion Faith I'm sure your Son will appreciate it lol hugs x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ah! How fun!! Love the face of the lion and you made a great design with him! Happy Birthday to your son!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous image wonder what he is plotting lol
Carol x

kiwimeskreations said...

Faith I think having the stripes in reverse order is perfect...it balances the card beautifully Love that lion image- he's a handsome brute :).
Blessings
Maxine

Aimeslee Winans said...

A handsome character, indeed! xoxo

cuilliesocks said...

What a fantastic image, he is very handsome. A brilliant design and great colours Faith, I'm sure your son will love it, Kate x

Shirley Young said...

Brilliant image Faith, that’s a lion with real attitude ! Happy Birthday to your son xx

Linby said...

What a great layout for this fabulous image.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Happy birthday wishes to your son.

What a great card and the sentiment really made me smile. Lovely bold colours and your colouring looks great.

Dionne x

Brenda said...

Ha, what a great card for your son's birthday Faith! I love this lion, he has attitude! LOL Love the scene you created with him and I love the card design you CASed. Looks fabulous no matter what order of the blue and green cardstock stripes! I especially love the sentiment for your son. Hugs, Brenda

Leslie said...

Love, love, love! Super cute birthday card!

Rosemary said...

You have created another wonderful card using this very dapper lion, Faith!

Chrissy said...

He's a big brute and yes handsome with it, fabulous colouring and card Faith..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Heather said...

He IS a handsome one! And the layout really does show him off perfectly!

wannabcre8tive said...

A super cute card. The image is colored wonderfully and you picked the perfect sentiment to go with it.

Lisa said...

Super fabulous lion image and wonderful card too.

baileyrosy.com said...

I'm not a big fan of numbers on cards I prefer the candles on the cake which nearly ends up burning the place down. Your lion looks amazing and very dapper and love the sentiment. Happy belated birthday to your son.

Marie

Darnell said...

That lion is the BOSS, Faith! I love the three color strips you added behind his panel for extra interest. Your son will love him and he might even miss his age being on there, lol! (Funny that your son is the same age as me! Well, but only if you transpose the numbers on mine!😉) Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

pinky said...

Oh he is a character for sure! Love his expression, great card for your son.

Hetty said...

Would be a perfect card for my grandson. I love it!