18 August 2023

Fitness Star WLSC mid month

  Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for We Love Stamping 
the theme this month being "Anything stamped/Masculine "

 I went looking for masculine theme stamps and came across these fitness stamps. As I have a few serious fitness men in the family, I thought I would add it to my ready made stash box, for one of them, maybe?

I stamped the sneakers and die cut them with a cross stitch die. Then my mind wandered, and I didn't know what I intended to do. So off to view some sketches and came across this Mojo '537, and knew it would be just right. 
I die cut another larger circle and painted the edge over the cross stitch pattern. I layered the first circle onto it. Then stamped another pair of sneakers and coloured them with DI's, they were 3D'd onto the first set. 

The cup was stamped and painted with silver ink. I chose a star stencil, well, a champ is a star right? I used 2 of the colours on the sneakers. 

 The circles and cup were added to the main card, all re the sketch.

stamps - Magazine freebies
inks - Distress inks, chipped sapphire, hickory smoke, lost shadow 
silver ink - Kuretake
stencil - a gift, no packaging


I hope to see you at the challenge
Highlight Crafts two prizes, collection of masculine themes dies and Poinsettias
 The theme of your entry can be any of your choosing and we would love to see Masculine creations, but most important is that the focal element is hand stamped as our preference (or digital). A small added sentiment or other element to an otherwise non stamped card will be ineligible and may be deleted.

32 comments:

brenda said...

A perfect masculine card Faith, would suit a few fanatics in my family as well.

B x

Janette said...

You certainly nailed this one Faith, a perfect card for a fitness person, and it looks gorgeous. xx

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love the design. Anesha x

jimlynn said...

Super cute masculine card and a perfect sketch for the sneakers too! Love your card Faith!
Lynn

Vicky Hayes said...

What a fantastic design Faith! I love the way the fade out of the stenciling gives the illusion of depth as well as the way you layered the other elements up. Vicky x

HilaryJane said...

Great card Faith. I particularly like the starry stencil. It is funny but I don't get on with sketches very well. I can never think what to do, but I also suffer from having an element and then not knowing how to take it forward. Perhaps I should have another go with sketches. It clearly works for you xx

Sue said...

What a fabulous masculine card Faith! love the design hugs x

crafty-stamper said...

Perfect masculine card Faith love the stamps,star stencil and the sketch design you used
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such a fabulous design for a man, Faith! Love how the fading stars compliment the topper and the cup is a great addition!

Carol L said...

This is a great make for a fitness champ! I love the cascading stars down the side along with that little trophy!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Fabulous guy card, Faith, love that subtle stenciling as well. xoxo

Shirley Young said...

Great design Faith, I love the fading effect of the stencilled stars xx

Lisa said...

Great masculine card. CAS perfection!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a wonderful masculine card, Faith. Love how you used the stencil, and the decoupaged shoes are perfect
Blessings
Maxine

Kathy D. said...

Oh you are right that sketch was perfect for this and you put it all together so well! Love the stenciled stars. Nicely done.

Sarn said...

Brilliant! Just brilliant Faith. Xxx

Leslie said...

GREAT masculine card! Love the sneakers!

Linby said...

Another well thought card idea from you and it looks wonderful.

Rosemary said...

another fabulous masculine card, faith. your take on the sketch is absolutely perfect!

Brenda said...

You are right Faith, that sketch was perfect for your fitness shoes! I love your card, love the shoes, love the stenciled stars. So fun and perfect for those people in your life who are into fitness! I am loving the color combo as well. Hugs, Brenda

Dee's Craft Room said...

Great masculine card, I love the perfect balance you have created with the stars and circles.

Dionne x

R's Rue said...

So cute.

KraftyKoolKat said...

An awesome creation Faith. Great stencil work.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Shirley-Anne said...

Yes a great masculine card and perfect toppers .I was thinking that different coloured sneakers and large circle and it could also be a perfect layout for a card for a female ...just thinking aloud .thanks for sharing

baileyrosy.com said...

My mind often wonders when I'm making a card in fact it often wonders when I'm cooking, cleaning, and well in general. Fantastic card and just love the colour palette the addition of the stars is just genius.

Marie

pinky said...

This is just such a perfect card for a sporty person Faith. Love your layout and fresh colours.

Maria said...

What a great card! Love the sneakers and stars! Awesome design!

Pat K said...

Fab masculine card Faith. Love the star background and great design. x

wannabcre8tive said...

You certainly aced the make a masculine card challenge and the sketch one, also.. Love the tennis shoes-so perfect for the challenge.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous masculine card Faith, great images and love the stars..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Inkyfingers said...

Such a great masculine card, Faith and I love the way you incorporated the colours. The silver ink for the trophy is a great idea!
Hope you are well,
Hugs
Carol x

Hetty said...

Awesome masculine card, love the theme. Great idea those blue stars!!