01 March 2013

Happy St David's Day

Hi Everyone,

A little late in the day, but, Happy St David's Day to you all, especially my Welsh compatriots.

Here's a picture of myself in my Welsh costume taken in 1981, dare I say it, a mere 32 years ago, oh! my gosh I just realised that after counting it out.

For those of you without any knowledge of where Wales is, I have included a map of the UK to help show you. I did this in PS, followed a scrapbook template by Dawn by Designs at the Digichick.  I tried to do a fold line to match the paper by Aimee Harrison, (out of her Daffodil papers, which I also used for my blog header.)  but looking at it now, I think I need more practice!  Everything except the map, flag and my photo of course are by Aimee Harrison.

Hope this doesn't frighten you too much, the picture I mean, not the map LOl.




9 comments:

Shirley Young said...

Belated Happy St David's Day to you too Faith - love the photo and I think your fold line looks really convincing.

Vicky Hayes said...

I should have popped over yesterday to wish you a happy St David's day Faith but I'm sure you had a great day! Love the photo of you - and you can't fool us, we know it's you in your everyday gear! Vicky x

Bonnie said...

This is a fantastic memory of a special day! Love the layout, the map, the gorgeous daffodils and the picture! Happy St. David's Day a little late!

Anonymous said...

A belated Happy St David's Day to you Faith! Great photo but isn't it scary how quickly the years pass?!
xx

G Peplow said...

Hi Faith, What a wonderful picture of you, magic costume!! It all makes a brilliant scrapbook page, I love it:0) Gay xx

Squirrel x said...

Fabulous hun, you lool stunning - but I'll admit it, was kinda expecting to see you dressed as a daffodil!! Hugs Sxx

Aileen said...

What a brill page. I love the addition of the map and you look fab in the photo. x

Anonymous said...

Ah Faith this made me positively home sick, being a Northern las I spent many a happy holiday in North Wales I have such happy memories. When I met my husband I took him to Wales to see the beauty for himself and he loved it. You look fabulous in your National costume .... cant believe 81 was soooooooo many years ago I was 21 then sniff sniff

Marie

Pat K said...

Oh this is fabulous Faith and I love the map you've added. I was not aware the leek was part of the Welsh National Emblem. Thanks for sharing this and also for leaving such lovely comments on my blog. I went to a "British Isles Show" near where I live today and came home with magnets that say Wales and was so happy with my purchase. My grandmother spoke Welsh of course but unfortunately is was not passed down. hugs, Pat K x