21 January 2013

simple card

Hi, what a weekend ay? snow, snow, and more snow, although I think we have had it pretty good to other parts of the country.  Haven't any news or going on's, as it's been a stay at home time due to the weather, after all us oldies have to be careful in the snow LOL.  My DH is on his oath with me, as he doesn't want a repeat of my 5 months illness after a fall in the snow in December 2010, although my doctor told me one of her patients had died doing the same thing, so I got away lightly with concussion and whiplash after bouncing my head on a high kerb. Ouch!

This week mojo has well and truly GONE out to play in the snow, I have a card to show you, though I did it the week before last.  It's papers, image and sentiment from Pink Petticoat, it's a sketch I really like that I have used many times, by Melissa Craig  TMS#40.  I printed the card with all the shapes and sentiment in place which I had done in PS, then layered the square onto the card and 3D'd the flower, a little glitter voila.













I thought as there have been some wonderful photos, on blogs (I follow) recently, I would show you this "action" photo of one of our blackbirds having a wash, I have been drawn to this bird as he must be an offspring of a blackbird, who comes into the garden, he has a white collar and white on his front, this one has white tail feathers in amongst his black, I nearly got one of him, with him just standing in a great pose but DH went out and he flew away.  I expect that is why naturalists stay for hours, days or weeks looking for the perfect shot.  Oh! well if I can capture a shot of him again I'll let you see him.  You may be able to just see the "splash" of white in his tail.

Stay warm everyone.


5 comments:

Shirley Young said...

This looks really elegant Faith, the monochrome effect is one I really like and the little handbag looks lovely.

Your little bird looks like he's having a great time. Think it will a while before we see grass again in the garden as the snow is really deep.

Aileen said...

Love the design Faith and the cute handbag. My mojo has been out playing with yours in the snow! x

Bonnie said...

Oh, Faith, I love this jazzy purse and sassy blackbird! Be careful outside!!!

Anonymous said...

Faith seems like all of my blogging buddies have the blogging blues !!! mines still missing and I cant blame the weather either. Fab card and love the gorgeous design and the fab purse. Wish I had a garden as i also see pigeons on my balcony and the buggers are eating my plants.

Marie

Sarn said...

Absolutely LOVE this cool and striking card. xxx