18 September 2026

Trees & Leaves WLSC mid month

     Hi Everyone my DT make today is for 

We Love Stamping

This month, we would love to see your cards with the theme from Emma

https://www.welovestamping.co.uk/ 
 
On one of the hottest days of the year, 34C 93f, I decided to go into my North facing craft room, and craft in the shade, I should have just left things as they were and just read. 
 
However, I made 4 cards, 2 went into the bin, #3 I spoiled by smudging my hand over the ink, grrr, so my card today is my offering, but under the circumstances....
 
Anyhow, I shaded DO's over a piece of card, then using a leaf stencil I went over it with an alcohol wipe. Next I stamped the leaves around the left and top and stamped a sentiment into the space left. Even that I got wrong! I think I should have used the colour of the leaves, oh! well. I then clear embossed the sentiment. 
 
Next I placed the stamped piece onto a matching piece of paper and then added a pink layer with leaf shapes. The paper layers were edged with DI's in darker colours.  I then added tiny pink gems. It turned out OKish, I think in the end. 
 
Even then, the photo misshaped the card, taken twice, then straightening, it has made the sentiment look wonky! Told you I should have read instead.  
 
leaf stencil and stamps - Chloes Creative, mag freebie SCP#217 
inks - Distress Oxide, kitsch flamingo,lucky clover, mermaid lagoon 
sentiment - Woodware, It's the Little Things (old)
green paper - Lidl
pink paper - The Range, Happy Colours 
pink gems - stash 

Let's cheer ourselves up with the fabulous prizes. We have two wonderful prizes this month from
 Taylored Expressions & Penny Black
 
 
 

2 prizes, $30 store voucher from Taylored Expressions and Penny Black stamp set and stencil from Buddly Crafts (photo's not to scale).
 
Don't forget to use your stamps. 

2 comments:

Mia said...

What a beautiful card, Faith. I love the color combination. Hugs, my friend.

brenda said...

Sounds like your bin gets as much action as mine, had a day like that Tuesday! But this one turned out beautifully for this months theme.

B x