12 July 2024

Oceans of happiness

 Hi Everyone, my card today is on the current theme at We Love Stamping challenge, but has no stamping! It did originally have the sentiment stamped, but I made a mess, so printed it instead.

 I started by using a stencil for the sea, using different blues, it was then die cut, and glued to the base card. Next, I got my dies out and cut them all in white card. I coloured them with marker pens, but left the seagulls white. These were then placed onto the die cut sea image. As I said earlier, I stamped the sentiment, but it came out wrong, so I went into Photoshop and made and printed the sentiment, then die cut it, and placed it over the original.

wave stencil - my own, cut on the Silhouette
cloud stencil - Funky Fossil
Distress Oxide inks - salty ocean, faded jeans, peacock feathers
markers - Spectrum Noir 
square die - Sue Wilson Noble square dies
dies -  Magazine freebies
sentiment die - Card Making Magic
sentiment - Oceans font - Baby Monkey. Wishing you font - Alef

 

 The insert was designed in Photoshop, printed, then placed inside the main card.

22 comments:

brenda said...

All looks to have worked nicely in the end Faith, the boat and lighthouse make for a very peaceful scene.

B x

Janette said...

Beautiful scene Faith, I have a love of lighthouses and your sea looks very beautiful. I love the inside with that gorgeous image and fun sentiment.
Hope you have a good weekend. xx

Carol L said...

What a beautiful, serene birthday card with the ocean view and sea gulls in the sky! Nice job!

HilaryJane said...

Love this scene the sea looks amazing and I love the pop of red on the lighthouse and sails. Just lovely xx

Maria said...

Oh, how pretty! Love the beautiful color of the waves and the pop of red with the light house and boat! Great card, Faith!!

Liz said...

Fabulous scene Faith, you did a great job covering your little mishap.
Liz xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful scene Faith, so peaceful! Love the palette and such amazing have a machine that cut your own designed stencil!!
Love the inside too|
Hugs

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card, Faith, despite the oops... love it. Your sea looks amazing
Blessings
Maxine

Shirley Young said...

A lovely composition Faith, makes me wish my next holiday was nearer xx

Hetty said...

Such a lovely summery birthday and, also inside!

Kathy D. said...

Oh love how you did the water. I need to try that. Great card. - Kathy D.

Lisa said...


Your card turned out wonderfully! The sea stencil with various blues creates a lovely background, and the white die-cuts colored with markers add a vibrant touch. The sentiment fix with Photoshop is seamless, making the card look perfect. Great job!

Rosemary said...

Another wonderful summer/coastal themed card, Faith! You are really knocking them out of the park.

Pauline C said...

Fab seascapeFaith … brilliant wave stencil if you made it yourself, and the die cuts really add dimension to the scene. Great sentiment too that you ended up with.
Pauline xx

pinky said...

What a gorgeous scene you have create Faith! Definitely my perfect head space image!! The sentiment you have used is lovely, inside and out!

baileyrosy.com said...

A serene scene if ever I saw one ! The sea is pretty and inviting and I love the pops of red on the boat and light house.

Marie

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely card, Faith and I love that the inside is just as pretty as the outside.
Hope you are well,
Hugs
Carol x

LeslieT said...

Oh so pretty! Such a serene scene!

Sarn said...

A terrific seascape card. Shame about the stamping boo boo - but great save with the computer generated sentiment xxx

Linby said...

Those little touches of red look so lovely on your scene. It's a peaceful card.

Greta said...

What a wonderful ocean scene--love this!

EmmaT said...

Fabulous card, love how you tie the inside in to the outside. Emmax