29 May 2024

On time birthday card

 Hi Everyone, if you've visited my blog in May, you would have seen this card I sent a month early. Well, I had to make it up to her and made sure I sent a birthday card on time.

I'd had this gorgeous digital image of a Gnome, that I decided to use. I took him into Silhouette, (you know I hate fussy cutting!) and cut the whole layer out, then cut him out with the foreground flowers. Next, he was printed out to fit a 5x7inch card, I had also added the greeting below him. The layer was then placed onto green card and attached to the base card. The other cut layers were then attached. 

I also cut the sentiment from Silhouette, I coloured it to match with DI ink and placed it onto the white shadow layer and attached it onto the card. I thought it needed more, but didn't want to detract from the lovely image, so die cut 3 butterflies and placed them to the side of the Gnome. Shame the layers don't show up in the photo.

Gnome -  Create with TLC
smile font - Ayanalove
ink - Tattered Rose Distress Ink
butterflies - Tattered Lace Die

 
The insert done in Photoshop. My own verse!

21 comments:

brenda said...

Remember that Faith, better than me thought, just found one for a friends Birthday which was Monday, all hidden away in a spare room where all my stash is whilst craft room redecorated.

Gnomes always makes you smile and this is lovely.

B x

R's Rue said...

So cute.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and image and love the fun sentiment,
Carol x

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

So cute!! and a lovely personalised verse inside too. Have a great weekend Michelle x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hoe sweet gnome, so cute and I'm sure that your layering looks great IRL| The white on white butterflies are s perfect addition! Hugs!

Shirley Young said...

It’s a lovely card Faith xx

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous image Faith and a brilliant “on time” card xx

kiwimeskreations said...

A fun card Faith, and beautifully made
Blessings
Maxine

Beebeebabs said...

Such a cute card and image!!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love this, so sweet! xoxo

coldwaters2 said...

This is so beautiful Faith I love, love that wonderful Gnome it is perfect
hugs
lolo x

Hetty said...

Such a fun and lovely card, Faith.

Carol L said...

What a precious little gnome and a beautiful little card. You are amazing with the things you create using your Silhouette machine! Well done!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful card, Faith! That gnome is one of the prettiest I have seen and I's sure the recipient loved her "on time" birthday card.

Greta said...

Love the colors of the sweet image and how kind of you to send her another card!

Liz said...

Great card Faith, I love the cute gnome.
Liz xx

Janette said...

I think my list is messing me about Faith, I never saw this one pop up, sorry to be late with my comment.
Another gorgeous card, I do love gnomes, they are so cute, this is gorgeous. xx

EmmaT said...

Gnometastic fun card and insert:-)

Leslie said...

Super cute! Love me some gnomes and this guy is awesome!

Lisa said...

Your decision to use a digital image of a gnome adds whimsy and charm to the card design, and the meticulous cutting and layering techniques result in a beautifully detailed composition. The addition of a carefully crafted sentiment, colored to match with Distress Ink, and delicate butterflies enhance the overall appeal of the card without overshadowing the focal image.

pinky said...

By the time I would get my scan n cut sorted I would have had my image cut already lol. Technology in that thing gets the better of me every time. I love your gnome though, a real cutie!