09 May 2024

Light Bulb birthday card.

 Hi Everyone, I have been lax in posting and comments, I'm apologising again, in between other things, I have also been ill with some sort of virus, don't know if it was Covid, but I felt quite ill. OH! Well, hopefully the year will improve from now on. As I sit here typing, the sun is out and making everything seem wonderful. At last!

My card today was for my Hubby's birthday in April, yep! I'm that far behind. Be warned, this post is picture heavy.

Anyhow, there are a few images to show you. I started off, by choosing a light bulb stamp, which was then followed by light bulb digital paper, which I changed the background colour from white to blue. I designed the card in Photoshop, I did the sentiment on the front, a little joke? In blue to match the paper. It was printed and sized for the 7inch x 10 inch card, larger than I usually make, but he is pretty special. I then printed out the light bulb paper and cut it to size. 

I stamped, coloured and die cut the bulb, placed it onto the paper and worked out where I wanted it. I then stamped the rays, the bulb paper was attached, and the bulb was 3D'd onto the main front piece under the rays, next the bottom sentiment was also 3D'd onto the lightbulb paper.  They were added to blue card and then attached to the base card, I had cut to make the card.
 
light bulb and rays stamps and die - "Sheena"  Simply Cards & Papercraft #244. Magazine freebies
light bulb dp - Digi Dewi
birthday font - School
blue card - Lidl
 

I didn't know what to  do with the insert, so, went searching for verses for hubby. I found one, that I liked and went about designing the pages in Photoshop, I used Photoshop shapes for hearts and coloured them. I wrote the verses on each page, changing the position of the hearts. They were printed out and added to the centre of the card. I'm glad to say he liked his card.





23 comments:

brenda said...

Love the 'oops' element, perfect way to bring a smile from a happy card. Feel better soon, seems a lot of it about, as you say whatever it is.

B x

Linby said...

Another fantastic design - how clever.
Sorry you've not been well, I haven't been too good either. Just got a hacking cough now so catching up on commenting.

Janette said...

Hope your soon back to 'normal' and feeling much better Faith.

I love this fab card and I bet your hubby did too. The whole thing brings a smile and love your insert.
Hope he had a happy birthday. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Faith love the lightbulbs and fun sentiment lol.
Carol x

Rosemary said...

I bet your hubby more than just "liked" this fabulous card, Faith. I know he absolutely loved it and for good reason because it was made with love by you especially for him!

HilaryJane said...

That is a very special card for a very special person. Of course he liked it xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So fun and creative, such lovely card for your hubby, Faith! Surely it has put a smile on his face!

Carol L said...

What an incredible birthday card for your hubby's milestone birthday! I love all the details you put into this work of love and it's beyond special! I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well but hopefully you're now on the mend. Hugs and best wishes for the coming days.

Sue said...

Hope you are feeling a lot better Faith and I love your card! hugs x

Pat said...

The light bulb and the sentiment work well for this fun card you made for your Hubby, and a great background paper to complement it too. Hope he had a good birthday. x

creationsnz said...

Beautiful in all ways! I love your oopsy Faith - must remember that one. What a very special card. CarolG

Aimeslee Winans said...

A spouse's birthday needs to be special and you rose to that occasion in spades, Faithie. Love the humor and genuine love, happy belated to him and very happy you are feeling better, xoxo

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

This is wonderful Faith and such a bespoke card for someone so special in your life. Love this. Glad you are feeling better have a good rest of your weekend - Michelle x

KraftyKoolKat said...

So sorry Faith that you have been poorly as well as Lynn. I hope you are on the mend now! Love this card for your hubby, the sentiment on the front is very funny. I love the pages inside too.
Cathy
xxxx

EmmaT said...

Fantastic male card, love the blue and yellow combo and great idea with the 'typo', that works so well x

Pat K said...

So sorry you have been unwell Faith. I do hope you feel better soon. Your card is fabulous and I'm sure hubby loved it. x

Gail said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Thanks for popping over!
Great birthday card! Made me smile!

Leslie said...

Oh, I love this! Great play on the number, and what a fabulous inside!

Chrissy said...

What a great card for your husband Faith, and I LOVE how you did the sentiment, so cute and clever..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sarn said...

A fun birthday card for your husband and I'm sure he appreciated the oops! xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

Bless you Faith, so sorry to hear you've been ill. Hope you are feeling better now and thank goodness for some sunshine to brighten things up for you.
This card is so clever and fun and I bet it gave your hubby a chuckle! You really do have brilliant ideas! Vicky x

pinky said...

I hope you are feeling much better now Faith! These things take more out of us as we get older unfortunately!! I love the card you made your husband. A real lightbulb moment for sure lol. I bet he loved it!

Maria said...

I hope you are feeling much better by now! Awesome birthday card for your husband, too cute! I’m sure he loved it, how fun!