03 March 2024

Feminine WLSC

  Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for We Love Stamping. This month we would love to see your cards with the theme Feminine.

 

 I decided on a laugh today, I had downloaded a background stamp image, that I thought could work, I printed it out, and it was paler than I thought it would be, mmm, what to do? Well, I went to my inks and had inks to match the colour, so that's what I worked with. I could have printed it again, but thought I would try the colours.
 
Anyhow, I added stamped hearts, in a semi circle, to the left of where I intended the image would be. The old woman was stamped and coloured with DI's in shades to match the background. I stamped the sentiment in the same colour and even found a ribbon to match. They were all added to the printed and stamped background, and it was attached to the base card with 3D pads. The colours quite different for me.
 
 stamp image and sentiment - "Never too old to laugh" by Art Impressions
heart stamps -  Craft Making Magic magazine freebies
inks - Distress Inks, milled lavender, shaded lilac, seedless preserve, dusty concord, tattered rose, tea dye.
die - Craft Making Magic
ribbon - Papermania
 
 
This months lovely prizes are from 
Lavinia stamps two prizes: 1)Small Pines, Christmas Joy and Eve, 2) Fairy Chain

 

 

Don't forget, we will now require At least one stamped element on entries. Those of you like us, who love to stamp, we would still love you to enter your fully stamped entry.

26 comments:

Carol L said...

You enhanced the printed background beautifully with color and I love the image and fun sentiment :)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Faithie, love this pastel masterpiece! I think it was great to go with the flow, many of my best work has ended up under similar circumstances. My color inkjet surprises me often with different colors/shades. It's like when the ink gets under your stencil, lol. Time for Plan B! lolol XOX

Janette said...

This is a brilliant image and I love your card, brilliant sentiment, so funny and sadly true, haha. xx

Pauline C said...

This is a fab fun card Faith … the fun image really works with your background. Totally made me smile! 😀
Pauline xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A fun and snarky card today Faith, well balanced by the sweet colours! Love the hearts added to the background!
Hugs, have a lovely Sunday!

Mervi said...

Cute and gorgeous card;-))m

KraftyKoolKat said...

Love this fun image and the great sentiment Faith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful feminine card,love the fun image and sentiment,great stamped background and love all the pink.
Carol x

creationsnz said...

This one is a bit of a laugh Faith, too late for me, they all know I'm older than that. I love the pastel effect, very feminine. CarolG

cuilliesocks said...

What a fabulous fun card Faith, I love it and what a brilliant sentiment, Kate x

coldwaters2 said...

This is gorgeous Faith I love the soft colours you have used also the lovely lady image and sentiment a super make
hugs
lolo x

HilaryJane said...

I think your background has turned out brilliantly. I love it. You have coloured your 'old woman' brilliantly too xx

Rosemary said...

Fun take on the challenge theme, Faith! The sentiment is too funny.

brenda said...

It's great fun Faith, it's good to have a smile now and then and this certainly created one.

B x

Shirley Young said...

It’s worked out really well Faith, a lovely, funny card xx

Linby said...

This is such a fun card and I love the soft shades of colour.

Hetty said...

I love your fun sentiment!! Great birthday card.

Leslie said...

I totally love this! Beautiful background and wonderful image and sentiment! Made me laugh!

Darnell said...

You give new meaning to the word "feminine," Faith, and I laughed out loud, so thank you for that! I'm pretty sure this delightful lady is well past the age of lying about her age! Bwahaha! Hugs, Darnell

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful card! Love the background and your awesome use of pretty pastel pink! Nice work!

Hugz,
Chana

Helen said...

Fabulous - love that sentiment!

Thanks for having me as a Guest Designer again this month.

Helen x

Maria said...

Such a fun birthday card! Love the image and the sentiment, lol!

pinky said...

Brilliant card Faith but I need to know what age you start lying at lol.

Lisa said...

LOL! This card cracks me up! I love the image and that sentiment oh how I love it so much! I need this for my brother's next birthday. He would get a kick out of it.

Sarn said...

Brilliant card Faith. I love a bit of humour on birthday cards. xxx

creationsnz said...

Haha Faith, a bit late for that now ... should've started years ago. Fantastic fun card, but still very feminine with those soft colours and little ditsy bits. I'd be proud to get this. CarolG