11 December 2023

Quick Christmas card

 Hi Everyone, I don't know about you, but the last few weeks have been the most hectic, for a long time, I didn't have time for myself. Today I can breathe whew! I've caught up with a lot of you already, I will try to get to you all more frequently now, well I hope to.

I made Christmas cards without taking photos before they were given out, even bought duplicate presents and had to change them! I've even lost my big scissors, while wrapping presents! They have been given to someone and I don't know who, as the family were down, and they may be in theirs, so I asked them to pay me 10p each, in case they were in their parcels. Yep! I am superstitious about scissors as a gift, being cutting ties. I certainly don't want that. Talk about my brain in a muddle. 

So I took time out today, to do a blog post, and it's only scheduled one day ahead, as it's nearly evening when doing it. Cor! I am good.

 My card today is one I did for mass production, I did 40 of them. The piccies are of the process, yes I could have used more colour, but I needed them to be quick, so thought a little colour to highlight the Nativity scene would be enough. I always thought my digital work was quick, but this card has changed my mind, it only took two minutes, literally, to make each one.  That is until I added the star, but even that, after I had die cut each one, it was quick. OK! I haven't included choosing the stamps and inks and die cutting. I know, you Gals, knew that all along, didn't you?

Anyhow, here's the process, skip to the end if you don't want to see it made. 

nativity and star stamps - magazine freebies
sentiment stamp - Card Making Magic
die - so old I don't know who made it, but it's black.
inks - Stazon & Papermania and Distress Oxide

 

 

 

 

 It didn't matter if I had either ink was left on the stamps, as they were in the correct place.

 

 the finished card

I hope you made it to the end, and you have a record of your cards, as I haven't. I hope you all have a great week, with time to yourself.

22 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Faith! It's a too-much-busy time also for me!
Sweet card, just perfect for mass production! I hate doing mass production, but this way seems very quick, thanks for sharing.
I'm sure you will find your big scissor at your own home when you never find them.
Hugs

Janette said...

Oh dear you have been having a 'time' Faith, hope all is well and that your scissors turn up at home, I do believe that we should give money for scissors and knives, my mother insisted on that one :))
Your cards are gorgeous and seeing as how you had to make forty, WOW, amazing.
Take care and have a good Christmas season. xxx

Liz said...

Beautiful card Faith, a perfect design for mass producing. I’m the same as you, so much to do and not enough hours in the day. I’m so behind with commenting on blogs too, hopefully will get back on track soon. xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous Faith, lovely CAS card but still has the Wow factor.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

HilaryJane said...

Wow, 40 cards the same that's a feat in itself, well done. Love the simplicity of this and the idea of inking a shape on the card front. Very effective. Thanks for sharing the process. I hope life calms down a bit for you now xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Faith, love this classy little card, it's perfect. Hope everything is ok with you. Pre-Christmas hugs xx

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Faith!

What a pretty CAS Design! I am all about easy-peasy cards right now! Great job!

Hugz,
Chana

Shirley Young said...

Looks great Faith, I’m afraid this year has got the better of me and I am sending a few purchased cards xx

Carol L said...

I think we're all busy at this time of year Faith, so no worries! We're all here for you when things settle down. I certainly hope you find your missing scissors when the dust settles! How did we ever make cards without a stamp apparatus? It certainly makes things go quickly once you decide on a design! This card is just beautiful with the added star and I love that sentiment too! Just take time for yourself and breathe. Everything will turn out just fine. Have a great week ahead.

Pat K said...

Well done Faith. Brilliant mass production of these lovely cards. xx

Rosemary said...

The card may be mass produced, but it is beautiful, Faith. Love that you decided to add the die cut star. It provides the perfect finishing touch!

Sarn said...

Lovely looking traditional nativity scene. You made FORTY of them? You go Girl! xxx

Dena J said...

Lovely, Faith! I have my cards made...but getting them all written and addressed is another challenge. It's a busy time and we need to give ourselves a bit of care. Have a beautiful holiday.

Nancy said...

Oh, Faith! That is such a beautiful Christmas card! I'd say it's the favorite one I have seen all season! Merry Christmas! :o)

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful Nativity card Faith.
Absolutely so busy, time of year and I'm finding I do things a a slower pace now, that's an age thing I guess, I'll get there, but if I don't it's not the end of the world, take care and pace yourself, hugs Kate x

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful Christmas card!!!

Sue said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Faith and great for mass production! hugs Sue x

Pauline C said...

Brilliant nativity scene Faith, and 40 of them ??? WOW!! I am so slow, I made 9 cards yesterday in about 5.5 hours and thought that was a record lol!
Pauline xx

Lisa said...

I completely understand your hectic week, that seems to be the story of my life these last 2 weeks. I need to get caught up and I don't think that will happen until after Christmas. I have just over a week to finish one Christmas present and I still have to wrap and deliver gifts to my little nieces and nephews too. God give me strength to make it through this Christmas season.

I really love that gorgeous CAS Christmas card.

pinky said...

Yikes! I never heard that before about scissors but will keep it in mind! Hope they turned up!! Wow how did you manage to do 40 of these gorgeous cards Faith. So beautiful!!

creationsnz said...

Aw Faith you poor girl, sounds like you need a big glass of wine or maybe something stronger!! Good on you doing a production line. Hope that FIZZ settles down and you find your balance again! CarolG

Leslie said...

Such a beautiful design! And I love the nativity scene and the the sentiment.