22 December 2023

Bauble in box

 Hi Everyone, I hope you're all finished with your Christmas preparations and able to enjoy a tot of mulled wine, or something stronger? 

My post today was a little unexpected, a neighbour came and asked me if I would make a bauble and box, as I had done for her other great grandson. (I can't find the photos or post of it) she has had a new great grandson, named Lorenzo, an Italian name, although, she says, he's from a very Welsh family. 

So out with my Silhouette, cutting the box the same as this one. I used green card and cut paper from a pad, years old. I cut and glued it all together, then realised I had put the paper on upside down! Thankfully, I had just one more piece of the same paper from the pad. All glued and the box was finished.

Two Welsh flags were printed, also requested, and die cut, so I could stick them together to be seen from any angle. I filled the bauble with faux snow and hung, with fishing line, the flag, so it moved when it shook, with the snow. Next, with my Silhouette, I cut assorted snowflakes from permanent vinyl in white and his name and the year in gold vinyl.  I then closed the bauble and added the snowflakes, name, and year. I'm happy to say she was very pleased with it. 

green card - StellaWeds, Amazon
 box pattern - Simply Crafty SVG's
paper -  patterned Heltz Cuppleditch (years old pad)
paper - snowflake Dovecraft (years old pad)
cutting machine - Silhouette 2
vinyl - Oracle 651
 

the lid, with gold pen surrounding the image.
 it's mostly white, so difficult to see.
  
 
the sides, they matched with the cutting, 
I added snowflake paper to the lid, as it was difficult to match the bottom paper.
 
the bauble in the box, 
where I had also added a shape to hold the bauble in place. 
 
the bauble

15 comments:

brenda said...

Beautifully crafted for the little one Faith, a nice keepsake as well. Hope you have a lovely festive season. As for a tot of something, clearing a cupboard yesterday I turned up a bottle (probably hidden from the boys) of a nice peaty whiskey so will be cracking into it before they arrive.

B x

Janette said...

This is beautiful Faith, love his name, what a lovely keepsake.
As for a drop of something, I have to be very careful due to meds I am on, so fingers crossed I can get my yearly glass of red wine with my Christmas dinner, I love it :))
May your Christmas be filled with all the things you love, all the very best. xx

coldwaters2 said...

What an awesome project it is beautiful Faith
hugs
lolo x

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely beautiful bauble keepsake and paper a beautiful box too.Just laughed at Brendas comment as last year I was buying the odd bottle for Christmas during the year and ran out of places to put them-then during the year I was tidying the craft room and found a bottle of port(my tipple) and a bottle of wine that had been stashed lol.Best wishes fro Christmas and the New Year.
Carol x

HilaryJane said...

This is so special, you are clever and very good to do these things for people. I hope it is appreciated. Such a special gift. Happy Christmas xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Goodness, you need to open a neighborhood store, Faithie! That's prettier than Hallmark can do. Love it and I know your neighbor better have! Happy Christmas to you and yours! xoxo

Chana Malkah said...

Oh, my, Faith! This is so pretty! I bet you could sell these! The box and the bauble are both fabulous!

Hugz,
Chana

Carol L said...

You have created an amazing box to contain this priceless keepsake treasure! What a wonderful gift you've given this young lad! Beautiful! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Lisa said...

Wow this is just so beautifully designed. The paper, the box, the bauble. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A fabulous kit for Lorenzo :) This bauble in the box looks great!! So much work but the result surely deserved it!!
Merry Christmas, Faith!!!

Hetty said...

Wow, this is totally awesome! What a great box with bauble.
I am sure the family will treasure this for a long time.
You are their hero!!!
Merry Christmas!

Leslie said...

What a pretty keepsake! Love all the special touches!

Janette said...

How I missed this one Faith I have no idea. What a beautiful keepsake, just love this and the box, beautiful.xx

Rosemary said...

What a beautiful ornament (or bauble!), Faith!

pinky said...

Wow you are so talented Faith. This will surely be treasured for years to come!!