01 January 2023

Sledding Girl QKR

 Hi Everyone, this is one of my three DT cards today for  

We will select two winners each of the weeks 
1 using QKR Stampede  or Eureka Stamps image
 and 1 using any image!

Anything Goes every 1st & 15th of the month

My card today is another Christmas card, why Christmas on the New Year? Because I made it for the challenge before Christmas and realised there wasn't one!!!! What am I like? 

Anyhow, when I saw this fabulous image, that reminded me of a suit similar to that I wore as a child. I just loved it and had to colour it up. I print and die cut the image with my Cameo onto watercolour paper. I didn't know what background to use, so I decided to try to make a scene myself. 

I printed out the sentiment and using my Cameo, I die cut the image layers. Then used DI's to paint the background, making it a little pale, not to take over or spoil the image. I hope you think it's worked? The sentiment layer was 3D'd onto the bottom layer, and the main image was coloured and 3D'd onto the layers.

image - QKR Girl Sledding Girl
inks - Distress inks, tea dye, pumice stone, fossilized amber, festive berries, fired brick, mowed lawn, forest green, vintage photo, gathered twigs.
card - stash

 

11 comments:

Janette said...

Beautiful image and such a sweet little girl, lovely card Faith.xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely vintage image and beautiful colouring! It's a sweet and cute card!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous Faith, I love the image and your awesome colouring.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

HilaryJane said...

Lovely sweet traditional image and beautifully coloured xx

Shirley Young said...

Fabulous image and scene Faith and beautifully coloured too xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the gorgeous image and beautiful colouring -the sketchy background works perfectly
Carol x

Rosemary said...

Really sweet image, Faith. I can see why you wanted to create a Christmas card with it.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Happy New Year.

Wow, I am very impressed with your painting skills. This cards looks amazing and such a sweet image.

Dionne x

Pauline C said...

Very pretty card Faith with beautiful colouring
Pauline xx

Sioban said...

I thought I had said I loved this card but I didn’t. I don’t even remember this image it’s great.

pinky said...

That is just the sweetest image and you've made a gorgeous card with it Faith.