01 January 2023

Favourite Colours - WLSC

Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for We Love Stamping the theme being "Favourite Colours". 

Please share our challenge logo

My favourite colours are anything, but I prefer bright! Hence my card, I coordinated with needing a card for hubby's Aunt who was 99. After photographing it for my blog, I decided to add die cut numbers of her 99 years.

Anyhow, I used a piece of linen card to have texture, then stamped the top corner and the bottom corner with the floral stamp I have used so many times, I love it. The sentiment was stamped, and they were embossed with gold powder. I wanted a bit of shine on the flowers too, so I used Pixie Powder, mixed on my glass mat and used a paint bush to add it to the large flowers. I used DI's to paint the paler flowers and then painted the leaves and centre of the flowers to match. The completed layer was attached to the main card. It does have a lovely shine, I couldn't get a photo of it to show it though.

floral stamp - Stamps by Me
sentiment stamp - Magazine freebie
embossing powder - Altenew Antique Gold 
Pixie Dust - Cosmic Shimmer Scarlet Mist 
inks - Distress Inks shaded lilac, spun sugar, lucky clover

 

 

There are always fabulous prizes, why don't you join us at the Favourite Colours Challenge? It lasts all January, the only criteria is, that stamping must be to the fore. Simple isn't it. 

Two super prizes of an AALL and Create Heart Grunge stamp set and Petals and Pods stencil. 

 


22 comments:

brenda said...

Beautifully designed and coloured in the fresh summery colourway Faith. I'm with you and bright.

Happy New Year.

B x

Christine said...

Happy New Year to you and yours.
Love this card and, at last, I am getting your posts so will have to back peddle a bit to catch up.
This card reminds me of a stamp I bought last year and haven't used yet so thanks for the 'prod'.... Your colours are really cheerful.

Janette said...

Happy new year Faith.
What a stunning card to start the year off with, beautiful.xx

Leslie said...

Such a pretty card to commemorate 99 years! Love it! Happy New Year!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful bright colours and the gold embossing looks great to enhance the pink! It's a lovely and cheerful card!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is really beautiful Faith, I adore the colour palette.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

HilaryJane said...

Three DT cards in one day, that would completely overwhelmed me so well done. Love this one the gold heat embossing looks wonderful with the soft colouring xx

Shirley Young said...

This looks absolutely stunning Faith, such a beautiful stamp and a lovely way to celebrate 99 years xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card,love the embossed flowers and beautifully coloured
carol x

Rosemary said...

So amazing that she has reached the age of 99! I bet she absolutely loved the beautiful card you made for her, Faith.

Dee's Craft Room said...

What a pretty card and I love the colours. I have lost count of the number of times I have photographed a card and then thought of something I wanted to add. What are we all like?

Dionne x

creationsnz said...

A super card Faith and great idea to add numbers, little details like that really personalise it. CarolG

Mervi said...

Love your beautiful floral card;-))m

Beebeebabs said...

Such a beautiful card and sentiment!!!

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Aimeslee Winans said...

Beautiful! xoxo

Nancy said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS card, Faith! Just stunning! Happy New Year to you, my friend! :o)

Pauline C said...

Love this gorgeous card Faith .. your embossing and shimmery colouring are perfect with this beautiful stamp. I bet your aunt loved it!
Happy New Year to you ❤️
Pauline xx

Vicky Hayes said...

A real stunner Faith! I bet it's even more elegant in real life with the shine you describe. Happy new year to you! Vicky x

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Faith - love how you have used the flowers, andyour colouring of them is gorgeous
Blessings
Maxine

Linby said...

Beautiful embossing and colouring it looks wonderful.

pinky said...

This is super pretty and I love the gold embossing on the linen card Faith.