07 January 2023

New Year stars CHC

 Hi Everyone, I'm over the moon to have been asked to join the DT of

  
I wanted to get involved asap, so I made a New Year card, it also had to be a quick one as it had to be posted in the Challenge which this month is "Celebrations".
 
What could be a Celebration this time of year? I chose a Happy New Year, hoping it will be better than last year. Fortunately for me, I had a file come through in a Newsletter, on the same morning I was asked to join the Challenge, which I decided was just right for me and this challenge. It was a colouring image, but I decided to make it into a cut file. Using my Cameo, I cut it with glitter gold vinyl, then placed that onto silver mirror card. They were both placed and matched up, behind the black card, I had also used to cut the image out of. It's difficult to get the shininess of the card in the photo, there was no sun, and it was wet and miserable when the photo was taken, but it is so shiny.

It's still in the first week of the New Year, so I think this is still OK to post and 
wish you all a Happy New Year.
 
colouring file image - Extraordinary Chaos
vinyl - gold glitter KPMF
silver mirror card and black card - stash


It would be lovely to see you at the challenge, it's Anything Goes and lasts all month.
 
Allsorts Challange wk710 the colouring page is New, so is the Year! :)

23 comments:

brenda said...

Well done Faith, it's a new name to me but what a fabulous card to start with - and it would fit in at today's new Allsorts challenge a treat.

B x

Janette said...

Congrats on your new DT spot Faith, enjoy.
Beautiful card, the mirror card makes it pop.
You know that stamp I asked you about and you were kind enough to try help me out with it, well it looks like its not being made any more sadly, you never know I may stumble across it on sale somewhere, but thankyou for the help.xx

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your neqw DT Faith and a Happy New Year to you and your family.Perfect New Year card and I can image all the shine-beautiful
Carol x

Leslie Turner said...

Our internet is out so I’m commenting on my phone. Congrats on your new DT gig! I love your card!

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful work as always thanks for sharing!!!

Ellibelle said...

Congrats on your new DT position!!
Your card is so beautiful and perfect for our theme at Allsorts! Thanks so much for joining in with us!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Linby said...

What a lovely name for a challenge and congrats on your DT position there.
This is a fab design and it's so lovely to see you at Allsorts. L x

HilaryJane said...

What a great new years card, love the shiny silver xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous card Faith, love all the shine and the design! Congrats on your new DT, well deserved!!
Have a lovely weekend!

Brenda said...

Oh wow Faith, I love this image and I love your card! Happy New Year by the way! I am hoping 2023 will be better for all of us that have struggle the past year. I love how your took this to your Cameo and cut it out of vinyl and mirror cardstock, it looks so cool but yes, bet it was hard to get a picture of. You did great with your picture though as I can see the shiny mirror very well, but it isn't glaring either. Love how fun this card is! Hugs, Brenda

pinky said...

Congrats on your new dt post and what a brilliant card to start you off. Definitely says CELEBRATION!! Happy New Year to you Faith. Hope it's full of lovely surprises!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Big congrats on your new Design Team slot. What a gorgeous card to kick of the new year and the new design team.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Vicky Hayes said...

Thanks for the heads up about the challenge Faith - I've not come across this one before. Your card looks pretty shiny on my screen and what a perfect new year image! Vicky x

cuilliesocks said...

Congratulations Faith on your new DT role, I'm sure you will be an asset to the team.
Beautiful card, love your design, Kate x

Shirley Young said...

Lovely card Faith and many congratulations on your new DT role, a great way to start the New Year xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Gorgeous card, Faith and Congratulations! xoxo

R's Rue said...

Absolutely lovely. Hope you’re doing well. Regine

Mervi said...

Congrats Faith! Fabulous card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Pat K said...

Congratulations on your new DT post. And what a great start beginning with this fabulous New Years card. Love the black and silver. xx

creationsnz said...

A bit of shiny always looks party! Faith it's a great new year card. CarolG

Rosemary said...

wonderful new year's card, faith. congrats on your new design team spot!

Sue - said...

A great new year card Faith. Love the shine and sparkle.

Karen Dunbrook said...

awesome New Year card.
x Karen