15 October 2022

Shrimply? QKR

Hi Everyone, my card today is a DT card this one is for  

We will select two winners each of the weeks 
1 using QKR Stampede  or Eureka Stamps image
 and 1 using any image!

Anything Goes every 1st & 15th of the month

I saw the image and the sentiment on this card on separate days, then happily coloured and made the card, before realising. that this image is a Lobster! (I blame what was going on at the time in the UK when I made this card!) However, I thought in my strange sense of humour that the person who receives will probably know as soon as they see it and I hope, gives them a smile as I hope it gives you one too. 

Anyhow, as I said I coloured the image, using DI's, I added a very light blue marker pen around the image. I computer generated the sentiment and cut it out with a die. The background was embossed onto orange card, then rubbed it over DO's with the same colours of the image.

 image - Lobster QKR Stampede, 
inks - Distress inks / Oxides, abandoned coral, dried marigold, ripe persimmon, carved pumpkin, spiced marmalade
image die - Craft Making Magic
sentiment die - Julie Hickey
embossing folder - Cuttlebug, Thanks
 

17 comments:

Lisa said...

That is one fabulous lobster and I am sure whoever you send it to they will love it. Great coloring too.

Carol L said...

Oh my gosh, this is so original and so danged cute! Who cares if it's a lobster or a shrimp - they all come from the sea anyway! Fun sentiment and a great little card!

Janette said...

Well if nothing else it will certainly bring a smile Faith but I actually love it anyways.xx

Leslie said...

Love it! I got a chuckle just as I'm sure others will, too! This is a great card, Faith!

brenda said...

You can't help but smile at that sentiment Faith, nice design as well.

B x

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute, Faith. Love the sentiment and color.

Vicky Hayes said...

It's brilliant Faith and I expect the shrimp is just dressed up as a Lobster!! Loving your colouring. Vicky x

Linby said...

Well you fooled me! Great elements that all work well together.

Pat said...

What a fun card Faith and love the wonderful sentiment to go with it and great colouring of that cute lobster and the coordinating orange coloured EF makes the perfect background. Thank you so much for your visits and lovely comments, I really appreciate it! x

Aimeslee Winans said...

LOL Faithie. It's close enough for gov't work! I actually think it makes it more humorous and this Gulf Coast gal didn't even notice. Great card! (But next time, you can put "You're my lobster" as the sentiment - Phoebe on Friends tv show always said that for true love). XOX

Maria said...

Didn’t think of it being a lobster when I first looked at it, fooled me, lol! It’s a wonderful fun card! Love the embossed background, too! So creative, well done, Faith!!

Rosemary said...

you are so good at punny cards, faith and this one is no exception! the image is perfectly colored.

Shirley Young said...

Looks great to me Faith, a lovely fun card xx

Kate said...

Oh, this did make me chuckle!! That's just the sort of thing that I would do too. Hoping it brings a laugh to the recipient as well.

Pat K said...

Oh..made me smile. What a fabulous thank you card Faith. xx

creationsnz said...

Shrimp, lobster who cares they are both yummy. I love the hotness of this card and the inking is fab. CarolG

Sarn said...

Love the embossing and the image . . . and your wonderful SOH! Certainly put a shrimp (I mean a SMILE) on my face! LOL! xxx