01 July 2021

Penguins

  I have 2 DT cards today this is the first.


Anything Goes but

they MUST feature a critter

Whether Furry, Feathered, Fantasy, Fairytale, Scaly, or Insect, there must be a critter featured...
e are sponsored this month by 

We are sponsored this month by Jan's Digi Stamps and they generously
provided images to our DT use on their inspiration projects.  


A Christmas card today for a change. I started with my image of course and then a colour mix to get me in the mood. I chose this, bright and cheery?

I chose a digital paper for the background which had an ice border, I dabbed some glue around the "ice" and added silver glitter. I took the digital image into my Cameo and print and cut the image and sentiment, I had added an overlay of snowflakes to both backgrounds.

After printing and cutting out the image, I coloured it in water colour pencils, for a change, then some glaze was added to the lights to give them a shine, I also added some wobbly eyes to add to the fun of the image. All were added to the background which had been layered onto silver mirror card. A few die cut snowflakes and my card was done. 
background paper - Jan Jejja Digital Scrapbooking at Pixelscrapper
glitter - Tonic
water colour pencils - Nuvo
glaze - Crystal Glaze Nuvo
wobbly eyes - stash
mirror card - The Range
dies - asstd makes







10 comments:

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Faith, a fun image and great background with the added glitter.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Janette said...

A lovely fun card Faith, I just can't think 'Christmas' yet...xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great Christmas card and love the tangled penguins
carol x

Pat K said...

Fun Christmas card..lots of sparkle and love the googly eyes. xx

Maria said...

Another fun card!! Darling penguins wrapped in the Christmas lights!! Beautiful background and lovely color!!

Shirley Young said...

Great card Faith, I love the expressions on the penguins faces and am impressed you have managed to do Christmas in July ! x

Monica C. said...

Such a cool card! Those guys are brilliant and the googly eyes you have added is a wonderful touch.
Hugs Monica

Aimeslee Winans said...

Faith, it's 90 degrees F here, yet when I look at your card it cools me off! LOVE LOVE how you glittered the edge. I must remember that, so simple and so effective! XOX

Marlena M. said...

Aw what a cute pair! Love the way you used those colors~

Karen Dunbrook said...

very cute
xx Karen