07 July 2021

TMR Christmas in July

 Hi Everyone, my card today is for


I decided to do something a little different today and do some cutting, my thinking for Christmas in July? well July is Summer (except in the Southern Hemisphere) and a little drink wouldn't go amiss on the beach would it? I thought the penguin would be happy in most environments, some live near beaches! 

Anyhow off to my digital cutting machine and cut out the images to colour. I did 2 of each, in case I made a mess of the colouring, but wanted the card layered to make it a little thicker. Yes! I could have used coloured card, which I thought would be my go to, in case I failed with the colouring.

these are the layers ready to be coloured

I forgot to photograph the colouring process 😕
I coloured all pieces, the pattern says glitter card for the white body, scarf and wine in the glass, but I decided to heat emboss with sparkly embossing powder. All the pieces were were then glued with wet glue, so there was wiggle room. Googly eyes were added and 2 ribbon bows tied together with gold elastic which also held the "glass" tag.

Penguin Wine Wrapper - Dreaming Tree
white card - stash
inks - Distress Oxide and Ink
sparkle embossing powder - WOW clear sparkle
gem / ribbon - stash



I hope to see your Christmas in July at The Male Room Challenge, don't forget to add the challenge badge, it's a requirement if you want to win.





24 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Oh what a fun pressy, would make anyone smile

Deborah Frings said...

Faith - this is absolutely fantastic! The penguin is super cute! Such a good idea.
Hugs Deborah x

PS Thanks so much for all your lovely comments - I do appreciate them xx

Janette said...

What a great idea for a gift, do love penguins they are so cute, this is lovely Faith.xx

MortiCraft said...

This is fabulous Faith! I love the cheeky look on the penguins face! Maybe he has already drunk the wine?! And I really like the wine glass tag at the top too. X

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Faith, I love your fun Penguin with his sparkly scarf, he looks very jolly.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Karen Dunbrook said...

what a delightful way to add interest to a bottle of wine.
xx Karen

crafty-stamper said...

Love your fabulous penguins/wine glasses and all the sparkle -great bottle tags and better than a bottle bag
Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

What a fabulous make Faith, I love the penguin and the glass, such lovely sparkle and colours too, Kate x

Sue said...

Oh what a fabulous make Faith! hugs Sue x

Leslie said...

Super cute project, Faith! Loving that penguin!

Maria said...

Oh, that penguin is super cute!! Love the bottle tag, too!! Such wonderful projects!!

Shirley Young said...

Fabulous Faith, the sparkle really does give a festive look xx

R's Rue said...

Faith,
Your creativity amazes me. That penguin is darling. I love how you adorned the wine bottle. Have a beautiful day.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Monica C. said...

Oh what a fun project. Love that you colored the pieces and the adding of embossing powder really makes it pop.
Hugs Monica

Linby said...

This is a great idea and your penguin looks so jolly.

Greta said...

Catching up on my blog reading & browsed what I've missed from you. Lots of wonderful projects, Faith! Christmas cards are my favorite, so I do hope to enter the challenge. This is absolutely darling & so special!

Brenda said...

OMGosh, this is just so fun and too cute Faith! Your glass of wine is perfect to hang on a bottle of wine. Love it! I also love that cute penguin, he looks so happy-probably 'cause he was hitting that wine. lol Seriously though, so cute and such a fab idea! Hugs, Brenda

Chana Malkah said...

Charming gift idea!!
Hugs,
Chana Malkah

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wow, great job! Lots of work involved but a really unique gift! Your penguin looks adorably soused, too, love it! xoxo

Carol L said...

That is one of the cutest penguins I've seen yet, and he looks perfect with that bottle! Love the tag with the bow - so innovative and this is an amazing personalized gift!

Diane said...

absolutely fantastic Faith, love the ideas.

Hugs diane

Mac Mable said...

Now that's a fun idea to decorate the wine bottle....Fun and fabulous Faith x.

Rosemary said...

What a fun project, Faith!

Sally H said...

Just brilliant! That penguin is so cute!