28 June 2021

Thermometer!

 Hi Everyone, my card today is for a friend of ours who's 80th birthday is next week. I was looking for ideas on the web and saw this quote and straight away I knew what I wanted to do. Off to Photoshop to design it and then off to my digital cutting machine to cut it out. I added a wood overlay to a shape I made and printed both the temperature gauge, a freebie image off the web and the shape, which was cut with 3 layers to add a little strength, I did the same with the sun.

When printed, I added glaze to the red bar and added acetate to the back of the "wood" shape, I added 3D dimensionals to the shape and place it onto the gauge. It's not quite straight, but I don't think he will notice, I hope not! The cut sun was layered and I added the layers slightly offset to add more rays. It was then painted with clear sparkle pen and glaze added to the specs.  I also added a little DI to the sun's cheeks as the sparkle pen had diluted the colour. The sun is actually all yellow, but the photo has got it a little blue, maybe shadow off the lights?

sun - Imagine that by Chris
dp - Akizo
wood dp - Marissa Lerin
acetate - Stix 2
red card - stash
glaze - Nuvo
sparkle pen - Spectrum Noir


insert sentiment - hubby's idea - I couldn't believe it!
wishing you - Create with TLC









27 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and great insert sentiment.Love the temperature gauge and sentiment -brilliant and very clever
Carol x

Linby said...

Just brilliant - I don't know how you come up with all these wonderful sentiments.

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, such a fun design - a fabulous sentiment and verse.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Bunny said...

I love this inside and out. [Bunny]

Brenda said...

Oh my word, this card is fabulous Faith! You are so great at digital designing. That thermometer is amazing, looks so real! Your sun is darling and I love the distress inked cheeks, so cute. The sentiment and that striped paper I am really loving as well as the inside sentiment. Hubby's idea for the inside sentiment is spot on! A very happy and cheery birthday card! Hugs, Brenda

Sue said...

Made me smile Faith great card and love the sentiments inside and out hugs Sue x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Brilliant wording, fab fun card

NanaConnie said...

This was a marvelous idea, Faith, and a nod to Hubby for his brilliant inside sentiment! Love the thermometer. Very cleverly done.

Janette said...

This is just brilliant, what a happy sunny card.xx

Monica C. said...

Oh this is brilliant! I love the concept of the thermometer. Beautifully put together, Faith.
Hugs Monica

cuilliesocks said...

What a fabulous card Faith, I love the theme and your image, brilliantly designed inside too, and I just love the sentiments, Kate x

R's Rue said...

What a cute card. I love it so much. Have a beautiful day.

Shirley Young said...

What a great idea Faith, it looks amazing and the sentiment is really inspired xx

Liz said...

Brilliant card, Faith. What a clever design, inside and out. xx

Beebeebabs said...

Toooooo cute - great card thanks for sharing!!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Brilliant card, Faith! Love every element! From the sunny stripy paper to the thermometer! Very clever!

Maria said...

Oh, my! What a fun creative card, love it!! The thermometer is amazing as is the sentiment!! Your card is fabulous inside and out!!

Chana Malkah said...

This put a smile on my face! So creative and so cheerful!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Vicky Hayes said...

You have the best ideas Faith and this is wonderful - and clever! Love those sunny yellow stripes and the thermometer is amazing! Vicky x

Aimeslee Winans said...

That is just as cute as can be. I especially love the inside! Very sunny, sure to positively affect anyone's disposition. xoxo

Rosemary said...

Absolutely amazing and so clever, Faith! Your friend will love it!

Carol L said...

What a clever idea and sentiment for an 80th birthday card! I love the way your mind works to come up with these great cards! Love this one!!

Marlena M. said...

Such a clever theme Faith! LOVE!

Darlene said...

WOW what a fabulous creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so super cute
xx Karen

Shirley-Anne said...

How imaginative . Super fun card .Very cleverly created with a big help from hubby .Well done .

Birgit said...

What a lovely card and absolutely brilliant! Thanks for linking up with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. Best of luck to you!