01 February 2021

Ant Hill

  Hi Everyone here I am with second DT card for today, it's for the new challenge at QKR. Our challenge is on the 1st and 15th of every month, so you have 2 chances every month to enter the challenge.



We will select two winners each of the weeks 
1 using QKR Stampede  or Eureka Stamps image
 and 1 using any image!

Anything Goes every 1st & 15th of the month

QKR very generously gave us DT a gift for Christmas, we could have anything from their website up to a certain amount, which I was amazed at. As I am in the UK, I decided to use it to have some more images, I can never get enough of them. This is one of them,

I printed the image and coloured with DI's, then added a small touches of white ink to add little highlights to the stones. I stencilled the background of a piece of card with DO's and added a (cut with Cameo) mushroom, that I coloured with markers. As I thought he looked sad, I made up this sentiment, which I thought relevant, printed it, then added some glaze in the corner of his eye, as well as his eye, for tears? I added them to a layer of brown card and onto the ready made card.
image - Ant Hill QKR Stampede
mushroom - Printable Cuttable Creatables
stencil - Funky fossil
inks - Distress Inks & Distress Oxide
markers - Spectrum Noir 
brown card - stash




21 comments:

Janette said...

Love your card Faith its very different and the sentiment is just perfect, what a great gift, enjoy.xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the sentiment.xxx

cotnob said...

A fun card Faith, such a super image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

cuilliesocks said...

Here's another fun card from you Faith, this fabulous card makes me smile, Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Great fun card and image -a sentiment that will be well used sadly
Carol x

Beebeebabs said...

LOL tooooo cute!!!

Brenda said...

OMGosh, this is a clever card Faith!! You have the best humor, I'd never thought of this sentiment! Perfect! I love the scene you created with the grass and huge mushroom, which would be to an ant. lol Your little ant does indeed look sad, so the sentiment is just perfect! Hugs, Brenda

Maria said...

What a cute fun card!! Beautiful color and the sentiment is perfect!!

NanaConnie said...

LOL, Faith - now who's using terrific sentiments? I definitely got my laugh for today. (giggle) Wonderful how you created an entire scene with the mushroom and the grass.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Ha ha ha, hilarious! That is one awesome little creature! Just up my alley!

Greta said...

How cute & the perfect sentiment!

Shirley Young said...

Brilliant and so different Faith, love the sentiment xx

Mac Mable said...

Fun and fabulous and thank you for the smile Faith x.

Viv said...

Great fun card here Faith! Stay well and safe too ;) Viv xx

Marlena M. said...

Such a cool card Faith! What a blessing to receive this memorable scene~

chrissy xx said...

Aren't we all! Made me laugh.
LOve the little scene you've created Faith.
FABulous colours too.
Chrissyxx
Thanks for the 'thumbs up'. I've updated my blog. x

Leslie said...

Ah, what a fun card, Faith! Love that image!

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh poor little ant! He looks so poorly in his little ant bed! A very clever card and sentiment Faith. Vicky x

Carol L said...

A cute card and a sad reminder of the times we live in. Clever and fun!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Are you sending your regrets with that card? It's adorable. And we must have the same Funky Fossil stencil, that grass looks familiar, lol. XOX

Chana Malkah said...

So cute!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah