Hi Everyone, this is an indulgent post, letting you know what I have been doing recently. Firstly visiting my sick #3 brother who is seriously ill and four hours away from me, in Lincolnshire. The drive through the brown waterless landscape was heartbreaking to see, even seeing and smelling fire on the mountains, as I was driving. The burning smell followed me for many miles. I knew part of the route to my brothers, but had to use navigation help. Hubby and I have been to visit them all, but I wasn't driving, so it was all new to me. I used to enjoy the scenery when hubby was driving, not looking at the roads.
Then north to his eldest daughter an hour away from him, still in Lincolnshire. Again driving through parched countryside, with in one part of the journey, a tractor working on his field, was making a fog of dust to drive through. Not a usual site in this country. It was supposed to be an overnight stop, but I was persuaded to stay another few nights, they spoilt me silly. They showed me around their area and town, that I hadn't seen before, we only went to visit when staying with my brother and SiL. It was all so beautiful, also seeing Herons and egrets with ducks on the river flowing past their house. Then back to visit my dear brother.
These photos are from the bedroom window I stayed in.
My nieces garden, always so green, but not on this visit.
A long shot of the egret and one of the ducks, the heron flew off before I got her.
No rain for a long time and as we were going out for a Pub meal, it started raining with the most vivid rainbow with my niece. It didn't last long, just enough to make us cover up and then stopped.
Next eastward on to Suffolk and another niece, an hour, and a half from my brother, for a few days. Not on the original plan, but as she said I was close, so I may as well. Again I was spoilt silly, and had tours around her beautiful area, and a visit to her daughter and family, which was so lovely, the children being 8, 6, and 4, who I rarely see due to the distance. The next day a five and a half hour journey home.
These are photos of Lavenham, near Bury St Edmunds, a beautiful, very old town, where she took me and treated me to a meal in the 15th Century Inn, that I forgot to take a photo of!
The next two photos are private houses, my niece is the lady in the first one.
This is the local Museum
My girls spoilt me rotten, and I have come back rested, my mind has finally eased off with everything going on with me. I'm so glad I did it, it was a huge journey and experience for me, driving so far. I've been away for a break that I didn't realise I needed, and I certainly didn't expect to stay away so long.
Then 3 days after I arrived home, another niece travelled 2 hours to see me. I'm so blessed to have all 6 nieces in my life, even though they are many miles from me, they keep in touch sending such love out to me.
Telling you about the burning mountains earlier, I took a photo from my chair of the fabulous sunset, as I thought, the night of my return home. It was actually the mountain on fire opposite us. Local photos have shown it later, and it was bigger than I thought. Thankfully put out early enough not to cause too much damage, but enough! However, there were evacuations of a nursing home and a few houses, It was set alight my some local boys, bet they had some fun doing it. grrr.
Something different from me, I hope I didn't bore you too much.






4 comments:
What a wonderful post Faith, I think you sound refreshed and happier too. Your 'girls' sound so lovely and certainly enjoyed having you around. I must confess the old houses look amazing don't they, I often wonder how on earth they have just toppled over haha, but they have stood the test of time.
Take care. xx
Gosh that's a lot of driving Faith, well done you on your tenacity to do the trip. But so nice to read your relatives spoilt you.
We have the same brown fields and gardens here and some well established shrubs have long since shed their leaves and one wonders if they will recover.
B x
It's great to see and read about your fabulous trip to see family, Faith. Sounds like you had a big, driving adventure. So proud of you!! Your family was so happy to see you and convinced you to stay for an extended time ... that is love, my friend. You are blessed! It is wonderful that you were able to spend some time with Keith. Thanks for sharing the memories and wonderful pictures. xx
So pleased you enjoyed your ‘adventure’ Faith, it must have been lovely to spend time with your family xx
Post a Comment