04 September 2024

Fun Folds TMR

 Hi Everyone, my card today is for 

OH! So many fun folds to choose from, I'm not usually a fold gal, so I went online, to find something I could do, and found it here. You know I hate fussy cutting, I can never get a straight line, so off to my Silhouette, to make a template. If you are as lazy as me, and can use a cutting machine, I could send you the svg cut file, I made. Just contact me via the Contact Form.

 After cutting the template with white card, I then selected a paper pad, which was black and white and picked different papers, and a basic black card. These were then cut and glued together onto the main card. I die cut a sentiment in white and shadowed using the black card, to make it stand out by off setting it slightly. 

One of the toppers was stamped with the image and sentiment, I was thinking of colouring it, but decided to keep it black and white. Next I die cut some balloons from the same paper pad, they were attached to the topper. All done! Such a clever fold, so much so, I may even make another in the future, or look for another to try, easier now I have the template.
card design - Mixed up Craft
 Silhouette Cameo
paper pad - Black and White Collection, Craft Sensations
Celebrate stamp - Polkadoodles 
sentiment - Julie Hickey
die sentiment - Cut & Make (The Range)
balloon die may be? - Cut & Make
 
 
this is looking down into the card, which fold flat for postage and pops up when taken out of the envelope.
 
video showing motion


 

 

20 comments:

brenda said...

That certainly is a fancy fold Faith and looks really effective in monochrome. Like you I avoid, but sometimes it's fun.

B x

Pauline C said...

Super fold card Faith … very clever - I never make fancy fold cards either. Love the monochrome look, very stylish xx

Carol L said...

I've never seen anything quite like this before, but it's fabulous!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous monochrome card, I love the impossible fold card, great papers and celebrate image.
Carol x

crafty-stamper said...

Meant to say here are a few for you to try---https://beccysplace.blogspot.com/p/a-z-card-folds.html
Carol x

Hetty said...

Such a fun fold, never tried it. Thanks for the link. Your card is great, loving the black&white.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous fun fold and card Faith, I'm just getting into fancy folds and really enjoying them, as long as they are not too fancy or complicated..

luv CHRISSYxx

Shirley Young said...

I’m really in to fancy fold cards at the moment and I have done this one. I think it’s great and I love how you have decorated it xx

Anonymous said...

I have done that fold, and it is so effective!! Love that you have kept to the black and white, that is stunning
Blessings
Maxine

Janette said...

Wow Faith thats some fancy fold, what a fabulous design and the images are just perfect for it. Your so clever to sort this out, I would never be able to do that. xx

Linby said...

This a great fold and it looks good in mono. Well done for finding a work around to make a folded card.

Pat said...

This is a wonderful fancy fold and so well thought out and executed making an svg file to cut it Faith and stands out in black and white. x

Rosemary said...

Oh my goodness, what an amazing card, Faith! I have never been able to figure out complicated "fun fold" cards, but you look like a pro!

Helen said...

That looks amazing and really clever!

Thanks for another great DT card for The Male Room Challenge.

Helen x

MortiCraft said...

Great card and fun fold Faith! I never thought to cut a card base on my cutting machine (which I must admit doesn’t get as much use as it should), so thank you for the tip! X

LeslieT said...

Yep, this is definitely a fun fold! Have made quite a few of these over the years. I love yours - it's fabulous!

Sarn said...

What a great fold. Never seen it before. Love the monochromatic scheme too. xxx

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A wonderful shaped /fold monochrome card Faith. Beautifully executed too! Have a great rest of the week - Michelle x

baileyrosy.com said...

Fantastic card love that it's black and white very stylish,but that fold template or not looks really tricky even though I have the Silhouette I don't think I could work it out . Well done you !
Marie

Aimeslee Winans said...

You did a great job on this fold -- as usual. And even smarter with that Silhouette! XOX