13 September 2024

Birthday Rose

 Hi Everyone, a card from me today for one of my Niece's, it was quite simple, due to reasons I shall expand on below. It was made with 2 sets of dies and a stamped sentiment. I really haven't been in the mood for card making and only doing DT cards as far in advance as I could.

rose die - Altenew
inks - Distress Inks 
 border die - freebie with Johanna Sheen magazine 2017?
sentiment - magazine freebie
red card -  Hobbycraft

I feel I have to explain, why I have been absent from commenting and only doing my DT work. Aprilish to July, I had a limp, getting worse, I put it down to sciatica. One night, I turned to get into bed and was hit by the most excruciating pain. To cut a long and very painful time short, it turned out to be arthritis in my hip, and what was described as a "grumpy femoral nerve", which means the pain goes from my waist to below my knee. Meaning a referral for a hip replacement. I was lucky that my brother brought me a wheely walker, he still had, after my late SiL, so that I can, just about, get around the house. I have been having treatment at the hospital, with physiotherapy and pool therapy. Some days they work, others not. THEN, on top of it all, both hubby and I contracted Covid, both of us have been quite poorly, hubby worse than me and 3 weeks later we are still not well, again him worse than me. It's the first time we have had it, so I suppose we have been lucky. I know a lot of you are in far worse suffering than me, but it has hit me for six, with the constant pain. It has been a sudden change of roles for me too, from being active, with ageing aches and pains, to a being a complete invalid, not able to stand or walk without an aid.

I hope I shall start to get around to you when some days are better than others, like today. Sorry about the moans, but thought you needed an explanation for my absence. Wishing you are all well.

14 comments:

brenda said...

Oh Faith, I am sorry to read all this, a real bag of problems for you. Nothing worse that constant pain, if your like me you'll be grumpy, it's not just the pain, it's the knock on effect of disturbed sleep as well. Hope you don't have to wait too long for surgery.

As for your card, it's super elegant I am sure your Niece will love it.

B x

crafty-stamper said...

Oh Faith I am so sorry to hear about the pain you are in-nothing worse than constant pain for getting you down and it does throw you when you have been active-hope you are not waiting long for surgery.
Your card may be simple but it is stunning, love the font and beautiful dies.-Take care and no need to panic about commenting !
Carol x

Pauline C said...

Oh dear Faith, I’m so sorry to hear about your health troubles. The hip pain sounds really awful … I hope you can get the help you need as soon as possible , as I know that waiting lists are sometimes longer than we would like and that is not acceptable for people in a lot of pain. Also sorry to hear about the Covid .. as you know I had a tottering time with it in June and I’m still not completely right so I really feel for you.

On a more positive note your card is really pretty .. love the lacy effect panel in conjunction with the rose.

Take care and hope you feel better soon xx

Shirley Young said...

Sorry to hear things haven’t improved much for you Faith, it must be exhausting after all this time. At least you haven’t lost your inspiration as your card is lovely. Sending hugs from sunny Greece xx

Anonymous said...

An absolutely beautiful rose card Faith!!
I hear you - I fell in a shop recently and sprained my ankle and gave myself a big skin tear on my left arm - and that was bad enough!! Sorry to hear you have had covid also - that's a sneaky wee bug if ever there was one!
Prayers for a rapid recovery from Covid, and that the therapy helps until you can get a hip replacement.
Blessings
Maxine

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing your creations Faith and am sorry to hear you and your loved one have been so unwell in the background. Losing mobility when you've been so active previously sucks! Sending you both hugs and best wishes for an improvement soon. WakeyL

Janette said...

Oh no this is awful, I am sorry to read this and that your both being hit with illness. Covid is a nasty, nasty virus, so it will take time, as for the pain, been there and its just awful, you suddenly feel so helpless. All I can say is to just take it as it comes, try to keep your chin up, it will pass, sounds harsh but its not meant to be, I wish you nothing but the very best of health. Get well soon.
I am surprised that you were strong enough to make such a pretty card for someone, its beautiful. xx

Sarn said...

The rose card for your niece is just lovely Faith.
So sorry to hear you and your hubby went down with Covid on top of everything else. I wish you much luck in getting your hip done sooner than later so that you can be rid of the constant pain.

Sending you healing good wishes.
Sarn xxx

Hetty said...

Oh Faith, I am so sorry to read about your pains. Old age is not always so nice if your body does not want wat you want. I hope things will get better for you.
Accept help! And stay creative! Love your card, beautiful lace die.
Hugs!!!!!!

HilaryJane said...

I am so sorry to hear about your health issues and particularly your hip. I often wonder how I would cope if I couldn't walk anymore. I go for a 4-5 mile walk most mornings. I would feel like my life had fallen apart if I couldn't do it, so I think I can have an inkling of you you are feeling. Constant pain is difficul too. I also know how you feel with covid as I came home from a few days away with my sisters only to find that I brought covid with me. It is the first time for me too, so I am very fed up. The most annoying thing is that my 2 sisters and sister in law are all fine, so why me?
Your card is gorgeous. I love that rose and the red and white. I think I have that rose. It came with a magazine a while back I think. I do hope you feel better soon xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Faithie, I will keep you in my prayers! That's the way Arthur works, when you least expected. Wishing you strength and patience as you go through the gauntlet of lesser "cures" before surgery is granted. Same way here, for everything. Don't be afraid or in denial of going through the stages of loss/grief over your mobility, because that's real too and the only way to get to a peaceful place, took me a few years but I had no one advising me to do it. HUGS! And a pretty card, too. I'm always here if you need to vent or anything, XOX

Deborah Frings said...

Hello Faith - I'm so sorry to read about your hip! I totally understand. I do hope that the treatment you're getting helps and that you can get some relief from the pain. And, I hope that you and your husband are now recovered from Covid - it's no fun! Lastly, I adore the card - the lace diecut is so pretty. Sorry it's been a while since I popped by. Sending hugs, Deborah xx

LeslieT said...

Absolutely beautiful card and I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues. Wishing you a speedy recovery, hopefully without surgery!

EmmaT said...

Beautiful elegant card. Pain is very draining day after day and especially if not sleeping well with it either and then the covid. Sending you lots of positive healing vibes and hugs Emmaxxx