10 June 2024

Floral birthday

 Hi Everyone, I had a quick card to do, as usual! I used to have a great desktop calendar, that showed me on the screen a birthday and a month before too, so I had plenty of time to make a card. However, I now have Google Calendar and not impressed, although it comes up with the information, I then go on to something and forget until the last moment. Maybe it's just an old age thing, but I wish they would have updated my old calendar.

Anyhow, back to my card, as I said a quick one, I took a tip from the We Love Stamping Challenge and used florals, no stamping though. 
  Fabulous Florals
   

 

I have this gorgeous digital paper in my files, so I printed it and die cut it to fit the card. I then die cut another layer of pink card to layer the floral onto. Next I took a butterfly die and cut it out of the same pink card and die cut a sentiment from blue card. 
 
digital paper -  Font Bundles -free craft bundle flowers 2015
butterfly die - Cut & Make?
sentiment die - Cut & Make

I then went into PS and made an insert, by enlarging the floral paper to the size of the card, next adding 2 white squares. I then added a butterfly to one and a sentiment onto the other, printed it out and cut it to size, card done.

21 comments:

Sarn said...

Hi Faith

Absolutely gorgesous papers and pretty die cuts used to make this lovely card.

If you have an iPhone (or iPad) - their calendar allows you to set a week's notice on an event such as a birthday. So that might help a bit?

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Janette said...

This is beautiful Faith, love the paper, its super pretty, and the insert is equally as gorgeous.
Sorry about the calendar thing, I am no use with anything other than the good old fashioned paper one I replace each year, haha, so many people think its nuts, but it works for me. xx

brenda said...

What a real beauty Faith and such a pretty design inside and out.

B x

Carol L said...

This paper is absolutely stunning and you've made such a lovely card with it too! I love how you did the inside! I long for the days with no computer issues but I guess I'm just dreaming - sigh

Kathy D. said...

I always love how you do the inside of your cards. Beautiful.
Kathy D.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and beautiful p.paper too-love it.I have a paper calendar too but I also have a book I list the monthly DT cards needed-a page for each month and have started adding the birthdays to the bottom of the page too.
Carol x

Hetty said...

This is a beauty of a quick card! I always love how you made the inside beautiful too!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So lovely card Faith! The paper is amazing and all the card spread Spring!! Love how you finished the inside!

HilaryJane said...

What a vibrant and lovely summery card. Seeing this has cheered me up. It has been so cold today and it looks like we are set to keep the cold wind for most of the week. My rambling roses that have just come into flower are not liking it one bit xx

Pat K said...

Beautiful feminine card Faith with such a lovely sentinent. xx

Shirley Young said...

Beautiful card Faith both inside and out xx

Liz said...

Fabulous card Faith, so pretty and feminine.
Liz xx

Leslie said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, inside and out! I'm with you on the old age thing and forget everything if it's not written down. I use the Google calendar on my laptop and pull it up with my email every morning when I get on. It works for me.

Linby said...

So very pretty and I love how you continued the pattern on the inside. It's a very striking card.

Greta said...

Such a gorgeous digital card that certainly doesn't look like a quick one! Love this!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Really really pretty and I love the inside as much as the front!
Hope you are having some summer fun, xoxo

baileyrosy.com said...

Such a beautiful floral card that digital paper is so pretty and love how you picked out that gorgeous pale blue for the sentiment. Hope all is well with you and yours. Very hot here it's just too hot to craft so am trying to catch up with commenting.

Marie

Lisa said...

Really gorgeous paper for a beautiful birthday card.

Rosemary said...

Absolutely lovely card, Faith! Your skill with digital files never ceases to amaze me.

Shirley-Anne said...

what a pretty card .Love the floral paper and butterflys are the perfect addition .Thanks for your visit and cooments for my postings .

Vicky Hayes said...

That paper really did deserve to be centre stage Faith and you have made a beautiful card with it. I'm with you about wishing companies wouldn't make changes for changes' sake! It's a paper calendar for me and it's always nice to have more pretty pictures on my walls! Vicky x