18 June 2024

Fabulous Florals WLSC

 

   Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for We Love Stamping. This month, the 15th Anniversary of the challenge, we would love to see your cards with the theme from Brenda -

Fabulous Florals.
 


The lovely buttercup stamp was stamped onto white card, and then coloured with DI's. Next I stamped it again and fussy cut the flowers, then shaped them and went to add them to the card, but, decided it needed something else, so I stencilled 2 stencils, recently bought, one in yellow and one in green. I wanted a sentiment, so looked through my stamps and found one that I thought suited, and stamped it onto the card in black to match the flowers. 

Another decision, I felt it should have a base, so went looking for a paper that would suit. I use the search option a lot in my files, and this time searched for yellow paper. This was amongst them, although it's more green than yellow, it suited, it was printed and cut to size, then I attached it to the base card. The stamped layer was attached to the card, and then the extra flowers were added to the card. Next, I added gems to 3 of the flowers.

 buttercup stamp - Stamps by Me
sentiment stamp - Magazine freebie, Simply Cards & Papercraft #230
 dp - Designs by Brigit 2012
black ink - Stazon 
ink - Distress Inks, fossilized amber, squeezed lemonade
stencils - unmarked Amazon
 
 
The insert was done in Photoshop, with the same paper backing the stamped flowers. I asked Google for a simple birthday verse and this was the first it came up with. I chose a similar font to the stamped sentiment. I had some buttercups in my files and added them to the paper and sentiment. Outlining them in black to copy the stamped flowers. Should have used the stamp though. Oh! well, next time!
dp as above
buttercups - Toni McLeland 2007
font - Almondia

 Don't forget, we now require At least one stamped element on entries. Those of you like us, who love to stamp, we would still love you to enter your fully stamped entry.
 Our prizes this month

25 comments:

Janette said...

WOW this is a gorgeous card Faith, love the background and the pretty flowers, which look really sweet. xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

So pretty and great backing paper choice, xoxo

Carol L said...

This is a lovely card both outside and inside with those buttercups! I really like the stenciling you did as well as the coloring of the flowers too.

Hetty said...

You did great with the stamp and the extra layer on top.
The bg paper looks like a stencil. Beautiful together, all n all a GREAT card!

EmmaT said...

Delightful happy card, love the verse. Emma

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a gorgeous creation Faith. I love that stencilled background, it really lifts the beautiful stamp work. Sorry I haven't been around much to comment on your creations but I am getting so busy with my work in The Salvation Army these days. Also I am not well at the moment and I am suppose to be flying to France on Monday. 😬
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Beebeebabs said...

Very pretty card!!!

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card Faith,love the beautiful buttercups and stencilling.
Carol x

Liz said...

Super card Faith, I love the buttercups and the stencilling makes a great background.
Liz xx

brenda said...

Lovely echoes of summer meadows Faith.

B x

Linby said...

It's so beautiful and delicate. What a lovely stamp, you've coloured it so well and the stencilling is the perfect background.

HilaryJane said...

What a great card. I love those buttercups and the background paper is perfect. I do admire how you create your inserts. It looks great xx

coldwaters2 said...

This is beautiful Faith those flowers are stunning the inside looks fantastic as well excellent card
hugs
lolo x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

The buttercups look amazing with your paper piecing and the double stencilled background! Really beautiful and well done with the inside too!

Shirley Young said...

A really pretty design Faith, the buttercups look fabulous and I love the stencilling, great verse too xx

Maria said...

What a wonderful card, Faith! Love the pretty background and lovely flower! Great card inside and out!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Rosemary said...

Another lovely floral card, Faith. The background you srenciled is so pretty and perfect subtle look for the beautiful buttercups!

Pauline C said...

This is really lovely Faith, love the stencilling and the dimension added by the shaped flowers xx

Lisa said...

Your card is delightful and beautifully crafted! The buttercup stamp is a lovely focal point, especially with the added dimension from the fussy-cut flowers and stenciled backgrounds. The choice of sentiment ties everything together perfectly, and the gems on the flowers add a touch of elegance. It's clear a lot of thought and creativity went into making this card special.

Sarn said...

That is a REALLY pretty buttercup stamp and I love the paper you gave it for the background. Nice birthday verse and sentiment too. Top marks! xxx

Hannelie said...

Beautiful in my favorite yellow!

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card, love the soft colours;-))m

Crafting Queen said...

Really beautiful card. Love the soft colours. Anesha

Leslie said...

Oh so pretty! Love the 3D effect on the blooms!