03 April 2024

Embossing TMR

 Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for 

 OH! So much that I could have done, but ended up with simple embossing. First I printed out on 160gsm a vintage paper, I've had for an age. I then embossed it with an old ef and wiped a DO ink over it.  It was cut to size and placed on brown card, that was also cut to size. The next thing, I found a frame in my files, that I thought was quite vintage, in shape, so I cut two out with my Silhouette then embossed the top layer, but left it without ink etc. 

The quote was printed out in brown ink and placed behind the frame. A piece of the embossed paper left over, that I had embossed on the wrong side, duh! had a complete watch face on it, so I fussy 😒cut it, and wiped the ink over, then placed it at the bottom of the frame. 

vintage paper - Billie Irene at Digital Scrapbook
embossing folder - Embossalicious, Clocks
ink - Distress Oxide, gathered twigs, vintage photo
frame - Aimee Harrison Designs (June 2022)
verse, mixture of words from the web

19 comments:

Janette said...

Lol, Faith this is so fun, what a brilliant sentiment, love the DP its gorgeous.
Thanks so much for the lovely comments on my blog, I really am grateful for blogland. xx

Liz said...

Great masculine, vintage style card, Faith. I love the embossing folder you’ve used.
Liz xx

MortiCraft said...

A very darling card Faith. The clock embossing folder is great and I love that you were able to use the extra clock, which looks fab. X

brenda said...

A perfect masculine card with a vintage feel and a hint of humour in the sentiment.

B x

Sue said...

Such a fabulous masculine card Faith it's really gorgeous! hugs x

Carol L said...

What a fun card for an old timer with all the clocks and embossed frame. It looks great!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely masculine card with a beautiful vintage feel! The sentiment is so true and your fussy cut clock looks great!

crafty-stamper said...

Great masculine card Faith,love all the embossed clocks and great sentiment.
Carol x

Shirley Young said...

Love the vintage effect Faith and the sentiment is brilliant xx

cuilliesocks said...

A fabulous male card Fait, love the vintage design, especially the EF, super colours too, Kate x

Vicky Hayes said...

Haha, another cracking design Faith that brought out a loud chuckle from me! Loving the vintage look you came up with and the clock theme. Vicky x

HilaryJane said...

Lovely vintage feel. I am looking for vintage inspiration for my DT cards. It is not something I tend to do, so thanks for the inspiration xx

Lisa said...

Your simple embossing technique has created a beautifully vintage look! The combination of the vintage paper, embossed frame, and watch face detail adds depth and character to the design. It's a timeless piece that exudes elegance and charm.

creationsnz said...

I had a laugh with this sentiment and perfectly set amongst the old clocks - genius! Love it. CarolG

Linby said...

Perfect masculine card and as always a wonderful original design.

Helen said...

Your card works so well, Faith - I love that embossing folder and inking it makes it really 'pop'.

Thanks for another great DT card for The Male Room Challenge.

Helen x

Rosemary said...

Another fabulous masculine card, Faith. Fussy cutting the clock face for an accent piece was the perfect finishing touch!

Leslie said...

Awesome masculine card - you seem to do those very well, my friend!

Sarn said...

Great masculine birthday card with the fun words. Lovely embossing too. Xxx