21 December 2022

Roof tops and a story

 Hi Everyone, a log post, I hope you have time to read it all.

My card today is from a teaching time when my SiL and Brother came to visit the other weekend. She has a die cutting machine too, but doesn't do as much with it as she could, that is not decrying what she does, she does beautiful work with it, it's just different to me. Wanting to learn how to put together cards like this, we sat down and had a great time playing, leaving the men to watch TV and chat.

I chose a multi layer card, so she could see how the cutting layers went together to make a folded box card.  I also showed her how I add glitter. We were both thrilled with the outcome, except! she was taking it home to show her friends what SHE made! hahaha. I know she will tell of our time together playing.

Rooftops Box Card - SVGCuts
glitter - Decor Glamour Dust
Silhouette Cameo 
card - Lidl

 
showing the build of the box
 
 
showing the glitter

When she came, she was one of 3 brothers, 2 SiL's, hubby and me. The date was originally set for a Chef to cook us a fine dining meal, which due to the fact they couldn't get a Chef locally for the date or time, we sadly had to cancel. (We can't be living in a posh area?) I thought it would be a great idea, instead of going out for a meal. I couldn't let them down so told them to still come, from Lincolnshire, Western Super Mare and a brother just 5 miles away. I decided to make a menu and make it special for us all. My elder family are all in their 80's and without being morbid, we don't know if they could make it next year, travelling for hours. 
 
Anyway, I went into Photoshop, set up the page size and added holly borders, by A.J. Roberts, then proceeded to write the Menu. I also did the place names and took them all into my digital die cutting machine, (Cameo) to print and cut. After they had all been done, I added glue with a glue pen and added Gilding Flakes by Cosmic Shimmer. These are the results. I headed it as "F&M's Private Dining Experience". We all enjoyed ourselves and my family enjoyed what I prepared for them. A Great day.

 
Here is another of Gill Reeds Poems, I just had to let you read.
I added the Bugaboo Reindeer, all coloured in Photoshop, I didn't have time to add lots of things this time.
 I hope you enjoy it.

 
 
I hope your Christmas's will be as enjoyable.

21 comments:

brenda said...

What a super post Faith, I've read it all, enjoyed the meal and had a smile as well, not to mention loving that 3D card.

B x

Janette said...

I have so enjoyed this post so much Faith. The card you made with your sil is beautiful, and so nice to have someone to craft with. I love your menu's the meal looked delish, I hope you all had a lovely time.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.xx

jimlynn said...

Your card is outstanding, the menu delightful, and I love that Bugaboo reindeer and poem! All was just wonderful. I know y'all had a great meal too. Have a very merry Christmas.
Lynn

Leslie said...

Wow, this post is so very cool! Love the card, the menus, and the poem! You've been busy! Glad you had a good time with your sister-in-law!

R's Rue said...

You are amazing. Merry Christmas friend. Love you. Regine
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Hetty said...

Hello Faith,

First of all Merry Christmas! My card will be late, for I heard the Royal Mail is on strike.
Your box card is beautiful an so wonderful that you can cut this with your machine! Perfect. Hope your SIL now knows how to make her own. I would love to come for a lesson too.
The menu looks beautiful and delicious. Have a wonderful time together!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! Absolutely LOVE your folded box card, I have to learn too! :D It's so nice playing with other members of family, isn't it? Your SIL is surely very proud of your card :D Fabulous menus too, and I'm sure that everyone has enjoyed your cooking!
Fun poem and reindeers!
Merry Christmas!

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Faith, so very clever, and your menus are gorgeous. You certainly made a special occasion for your guests, Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Sounds like you had a great time crafting with your SIL and you made a fabulous card love all the layers,and the menus looks beautiful-good to hear you all managed a get together,great peom too,wishing you a Merry Christmas
Carol x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Good golly, Faithie, did you cook all that AND make those fab menus? Ga-a-a-a-leeeee as Gomer Pyle used to say on Andy Griffith Show. Glad you could enjoy such a nice family gathering and your production was a success. Very nice box card too. I'm so jealous that you can color images in PS. I'm still stuck on not being able to understand how to convert a jpg to a png. No hope for me! haha xoxo

Shirley Young said...

Sounds like you had a great time together Faith, the card is lovely as are your menu and place cards. A lovely idea to make the occasion feel really special and I’m sure very much appreciated xx

Linby said...

I could do with a lesson too! The result is wonderful. I love your menus and now feel you should offer lessons with food lol!
Great poem too.

Carol L said...

I never learned to use my cutting machine to it's full potential either, but what a fantastic card you created with your SIL! I just love the menu you created and I'm sure the meal you fixed was fabulous too! So glad you were able to enjoy a special holiday dinner with your family and you'll all have cherished memories to last through the years of a very special day! May your Christmas be filled with many blessings!

Maria said...

How wonderful to have fun playing and making the wonderful box card with your SIL. Your menu looked so delicious. It’s nearing lunch time here and it is making me hungry! How kind of you to host your family with a fabulous meal! May you have a blessed Christmas and a joyous new year!!

HilaryJane said...

You are obviously very skilled at using photoshop, I am impressed with your creations, well done. That multi layered Christmas scene is fantastic too. So glad your family get together went OK. Have a wonderful Christmas xx

Liz said...

What an amazing card Faith, I love it! What a shame you couldn’t get a Chef, but your menu sounds delicious. If I lived nearer, I would have popped it to eat the leftovers, although I’m sure there wouldn’t have been many! Great poem to finish off your post. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Creative 2023. xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Thank you Faith, this post really made me laugh. What a lot of hard work you put in entertaining your family. Love that 3D card as well. Great poem.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Rosemary said...

Fabulous post, Faith! The box card you created with your SIL is just beautiful. The menus and place cards are beautiful, as well. From what I could read of the menu you are quite the chef yourself! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Golly, you have been so very busy Faith.

I am sure many of us would love to sit down with you to discover how the magic is created. And your roof top box card certainly looks very magical to me. Many, many years ago I bought a Cricut machine and I have never worked out how to use it. It just sits there, all shiny and new, mocking me! So you see, I have always been in awe of your skills.

What a fabulous thing to do for your family. I am sure they were all delighted with all of the personal touches you made to make the meal so very special.

Best wishes.

Dionne x

Greta said...

I don't do box cards, but love seeing them! This one is a favorite as I love the wintry scene! How wonderful you had everyone come & did it yourself! The menus & place cards are gorgeous!

creationsnz said...

Wow, what a lovely menu ... I'd come even if I lived a long way away and was over 80! How nice of you to make such special time for them with the dinner, menus and place cards- very posh! CarolG