23 December 2022

Framed gift!

 Happy Happy Christmas. 

 Wishing you all a Wonderful time with family friends and good food.
 It's the time of gluttony, isn't it? Although, I must be careful with the sweeties / candy.

 Hi Everyone, this will be my last post until Boxing Day, as I have said previously I make gifts for the family, we don't give expensive, just something with some cash. This is a gift for the last "child" to be 18, an age I stop giving. I had 16 nieces Great Nieces and Nephews at one time and decided that as they were the "next, next generation" it was when I would stop giving. Call me mean? But another generation is coming along now, and when does it stop. Although, of course, they still get their cards and have been very understanding about my decision.

Anyhow, our Great Nephew Alfie is 14, so will be having for a few years yet! He is determined to be a Palaeontologist. I saw this dinosaur alphabet and thought it a great idea to make it for his room. I hope it's not too young for him? Out with my old Cameo 2 - of course, so easy to make things like this, I thought! I cut the A out and put it together, I bought a box frame for it to sit in. 

However, I had sized the A to be 8x8 and it didn't sit well in the box. grrr, do I cut another, no, lets get a bigger frame. I couldn't get a 10x10, so had to have a 12x12. Which meant the A was lost in it. No problem, thought I, I've got some leaves in my cut files, I'll cut a few of those for a background. I put it all together inside the box frame, added the A dinosaur and, it was completely lost in the jungle!

In the end I HAD to cut a few more layers to add to the A dinosaur, so it could stand out from the background, with different colours. I just hope he likes it!

The only way I could get a photo without reflection was to lay it down. 

leaves - Jungle Party Silhouette Design Store #424581 / #424587
leaf frame - Fox Sister Silhouette Design Store Fall leaves #332522
card - Tonic and Lidl
frame - The Range
Silhouette Cameo 2


20 comments:

Janette said...

I am sure Alfie will love this, its perfect for a budding Palaeontologist.
I don't blame you at all for having a cut off date for gifts, it can go on and on and I do think people understand.
Have a lovely Christmas time Faith, enjoy.xx

brenda said...

It's not mean at all Faith, my Gran always stopped when we reached 18 (mind you she had ten children and numerous Grandchildren).

I said to my eldest the other day I question the wisdom still buying for the Grandchildren, they've all come out the other side of Uni and I struggle knowing what to get that's useful.

Such a striking colour palette on this pretty gift.

B x

Leslie said...

Your framed gift is amazing and will be well received, I'm sure! I don't think you're mean at all. Everyone needs to do what feels right to them, and when there are so many, rules need to be set. Christmas is for children, after all, and 18 marks adulthood! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such fabulous room decor for your great nephew!! Wow! Love all the different shades of green!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

KraftyKoolKat said...

It isn't mean Faith, you can't go on buying for all and sundry.🤣 This is so lovely, so sorry it caused you so much trouble, but it was all worth it.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

crafty-stamper said...

It isn't mean at all Faith when there are so many you have to draw the line somewhere.Fabulous dinosaur boxed card and sounds just perfect.Have a lovely Christmas
Carol x

Pauline C said...

Great idea for a budding Palaentologist …. What a fantastic amount of detail! I’m sure he will be thrilled with it. You certainly have an amazing number of family which is so wonderful at this time of year… hope you have a wonderful Christmas
Pauline xx

Rosemary said...

It is amazing and I think he will love it and appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Shirley Young said...

I’ve always done the same Faith and stopped gifts at 18. Your box frame looks amazing, I bet Alfie will love it. Have a great Christmas xx

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gft! A gift from the heart is more worth than what money can buy.
Wishing you and your family love, health and creativity for Christmas. Have a great time.

Carol L said...

One could hardly ever call you mean with your generosity throughout the year in making special cards and gifts! This is fabulous and I know it will be appreciated by your great nephew! Wishing you a sweet Christmas!

Nancy said...

It's a fabulous project, Faith! A Very Merry Christmas to you and yours, my friend! All the Very Best in 2023! <3

Shona Erlenborn said...

A fabulous make, Faith! So creative. I'm sure he'll love it! Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year too!

HilaryJane said...

That's often the way when making things. One thing leads to another and what you thought was going to be quick and simple becomes a huge task. It looks stunning though. I am sure he will love it. I have only ever done just cards for my nephews and nieces, even when they were little so I think you have done well. I don't have as many as you either. Have a wonderful Christmas xx

Sarn said...

He'll love it.
I think it's very sensible of you to have a cut-off point for such a large family.

Happy Christmas to you and yours Faith xxx

Pat said...

This obviously took a lot of effort Faith and it looks fabulous and I'm sure that Alfie will love it, with all the leaves which make a great background to the dinosaur and the 'A' for his name which is just perfect, and layering it up makes it stand out beautifully. I would just like to wish you a Happy Christmas and hope that 2023 is a great creative year for all of us. Thank you so much for all your visits to my blog which I greatly appreciate, and my new year resolution is to visit you more than I have managed this year. x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Oh dear Faith, it sounds like something I would end up doing. However, your end result looks amazing and such an unusual gift.

I also completely understand about having to draw the line under giving to nieces and nephews. I am getting to that point now too.

Hoping you are having a very happy Christmas.

Dionne x

Linby said...

It's not mean Faith - I'm trying to introduce the same thing!
This is a great make and one he will look back on I'm sure when he achieves his dream.

Greta said...

You're not mean--that's reasonable & same thing I've done, even though we have a small family. Absolutely love the gift you made & bet Alfie does, too!

creationsnz said...

Hi Faith. Not mean at all, there has to be a stopping point. Fab save and a wonderful environment for a dinosaur to be set in. CarolG