01 August 2022

Bananas?

 Hi Everyone, I have 2 DT cards today, I hope you will be able to visit each of them, this is for -


Anything Goes but they MUST feature a critter as the main focus
Whether Furry, Feathered, Fantasy, Fairytale, 
Scaly, or Insect, there must be a critter...
 
I have a lot of animal digital stamps from many designers, and this was one I found by looking for "animals" in my files. It has been ignored for too long. I took it into my Cameo and added 3 layers of the monkey, the background and a sentiment, to which I added a banana frame I made. I printed them all out, then cut them out with my Cameo.  

I coloured the background in different greens and coloured the monkeys top layer and attached it to the other monkey layers and 3D'd glazed the noses, before adding it to the background layer. It was attached to a printed background of banana digital paper which had been attached to a brown layer card. The sentiment was 3D'd then attached to the bottom of the card.
Cheeky Monkey - Hunkydory mag freebie 2020
sentiment - Create with TLC
banana paper - Font Bundles
inks - Distress Inks
3D gloss Nuvo Crystal Glaze
 
 Just a note, I was told by 2 of you that you use the Reading List, I hadn't even realised it was there or what it was for - duh! SO! You should be seeing me now, even those I haven't visited in maybe years, that I followed and lost. My apologies to you all.
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

Janette said...

What a fab card design Faith, I love the monkey images, such fun.
I must be way behind the times with this, but, how did you know who was posting without the reading list....sorry I am clueless!!!!! Just glad your sorted.xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Faith love all the bananas and cute monkeys.I always use the reading list and didn't know it existed until someone told me last year-I used to go through all recent posts to check who had commented so I could visit what a palaver lol
Carol x

Carol L said...


Going bananas is a cute way to celebrate a birthday! I love this little chain of monkeys dangling from the vines :) Fun card!

cuilliesocks said...

What a sweet card, I love the cute monkeys and the sentiment is just right, you should go bananas for your birthday, Kate x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Hi Faith

Your monkeys and their bananas are so incredibly cute and I am blown away by your technical skills. I wish I were able to create in such a way but, sadly, I abandoned technology about 15 years ago when I excitedly unwrapped my brand new Cricut machine and could not even set it up to print!

I also love the amount of detail you give in your post, this information can be so helpful.

Have a great week.

Dionne x

Sarn said...

I’m going bananas over this fun card! Love it.

I use the reading list xxx

Helen F said...

Oh those monkeys are so cute, Faith! Great critter birthday card :-)

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, fun monkeys.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Rosemary said...

what fun design, faith! those little monkeys are so cute. glad you are able to visit more blogs now.

Sue said...

Fabulous fun card Faith love those monkeys! hugs x

Shirley Young said...

So cute Faith, I think I’m bananas most days xx

baileyrosy.com said...

Fabulous and fun !!!!!!I don't know how you do it with the digis and the Cameo you are such an inspiration Faith.Those monkeys with the narnas are just hilarious and I love the sentiment.

Marie

Greta said...

The monkeys are so cute & love the design of your card!