29 May 2022

Witch Post it / Halloween?

 Hi Everyone, I have been a bystander in a challenge for a long time, just lovin' the humour and not being able to put anything together, but today I managed it. Just about! Must be my thing?

Anyhow I have had this post it template in my files since 2009 and have finally used it. I took the template into my die cutting machine and had to play about with the image as it didn't have any lines to cut with, (for my machine to cut it). So after adding, taking away and lots of other things, I came up with this, I also added layers which weren't in the original image. I didn't colour her face, I don't think Witches have any colour? although I have seen some, this lady didn't!

I cut out all the parts, (as in die cutting) I went around the edges with black marker pen. I also cut a headband layer with textured card. The sentiment was cut out with 2 other layers to give it depth. I added the hat with 3D pads, then coloured her lips in markers. The note pad was attached inside and I now have a fun post it in my handbag to write things in. (It's very simple, but I didn't want lots on it in my bag.)

template - no idea! it's from 2009
markers - Spectrum Noir
sentiment - found on web
spotted dp -  Sissix
card - stash

 
I just realised my note book image is similar to the badge! Oops! and she is coloured!

17 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous note-book cover and perfect sentiment -love the large hat and face looks fine uncoloured
Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Faith, a super make, love the witch, and your design, Kate x

Liz said...

What a fun creation, Faith. I love it! xx

Beebeebabs said...

Wow love your beautiful project thanks for sharing!!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Simply adorable make, Faith! Witches need cliff notes with all those spells! It would get damaged in my bag in no time, though, maybe if I lamenated it. Have a great week, xoxo

cotnob said...

A super make Faith, a fabulous witch.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Shirley Young said...

Great idea Faith xx

Lee said...

Fantastic imaginative creation.Love it.xx

Leslie said...

This is a fantastic project and kudos for making it work. Looks like a lot of trouble but definitely worth it! I love it!

Lindsey said...

I love this! And I think Edna would far prefer being witch-white over witch-green. ;) Perfect way to dress up a post-it holder for your purse - it will be so much fun to casually pull it out. :D Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Hetty said...

Halloween starts early this year 😊! Such a fun project, Faith.

Sue said...

Fabulous make Faith absolutely love this hugs Sue x

Rosemary said...

what a fun post it note pad cover, faith. since this is paper crafting i think you can color your witch however you like!

Brenda said...

I was going to say that witches usually have green skin, not sure why, but that's how I've always seen them. lol I really love this witch, she isn't as scary or ugly as most are! So cute to make it into a post it note holder and of course you got to love the snarky sentiment. lol Well done Faith, you got this file to work perfectly for you. Your witch is very similar to the badge! That is so funny! Hugs, Brenda

JulieP said...

She's perfect and we are so happy you're no longer a bystander! This is such a cute little purse pad and I'm loving the red lipstick. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!!! We'd love for you to become a regular in our gallery.

Carol L said...

You are a real whiz with your die-cutting machine and all you do with it! This is such a fun little note holder and I like that this witch's face isn't green like most of them are! Love the red lips too!

Donna said...

Your image is similar and AWESOME!!!
Thanks for releasing your inner wickedness with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!