18 May 2022

Quick makes? catch up

 Hi Everyone, I was looking through my photographs and realised I hadn't shown you what I did before Christmas I also found a more to show you I hadn't done so before.

This was a present and something I had wanted to do for a long time, after seeing an inspirational blog post from Janette here, she had said where to get the board from and I ordered it that day. I bought a pack of large Bull Clips and a few months later, I got to make it! Yep! a few months! by then I had forgotten where I had seen it and the inspiration of painting the board I had seen. Too late for me to make it more interesting, but I screwed the bull clip on, added a tie to hang it on then grabbed some black vinyl, I went to my die cutting machine, and cut the words. I then placed them onto the board, after making sure I added them under the note pads I had bought for it. 

Something else I made before Christmas, as it was needed on the 5th January - my #3 brother's birthday card. I know I was up to my neck in things, with no mojo and a complete loss as what to do. I spent more time thinking about it than making this card. I wanted a quick card, but one that was special to him, luckily for me a freebie popped up in my mail and it was perfect for him. It also had a saying on it my SiL says to him when they go out, so it was meant to be. My Silhouette is becoming more handy to me than Photoshop surprisingly, after all these years. I took it into the die cutting machine and resized the card to 6 x 6 instead of the 8 x 8 it is supposed to be. I then cut all the layers out and layered them together adding them to the 6 x 6 card. 

"It's an age thing" digital card from CraftsUPrint Crafty Bob freebie 
by Elaine Hayhoe

 Another card not posted here and again a quick make for a birthday I had forgotten after my diary failure. It had to be made to go into the post that day. I used an image I used years ago, I added a wall background and a brick pavement then a die cut flower, in my mind a dandelion weed coming out of the pavement (sidewalk). Thank goodness for Photoshop! That's not what I said earlier though is it? 


 Thanks for sticking with me through this catch up post here today. I'll try and keep up to date and show more recent makes in future 😁

Have a great day and I hope you are all well too.




17 comments:

baileyrosy.com said...

Three fantastic makes. I love the wooden board the black vinyl is amazing and looks so delicate I presume you cut it with the Silhouette. As for the two cards as always wonderful and I can always rely on you for fabulous fun filled clever cards and these are no exception.I'm always guaranteed a smile when I pass by your blog.

Marie

Janette said...

Hi Faith, Thankyou so much for the mention, that board was very popular :)) I love the wording on yours, looks fab. Your cards are gorgeous, I love both and the bottom one made me smile, really fun card.xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great cards love the dandelion and great sentiment on the freebie lol-that card was definitely meant to be!Love the wooden board and sentiment
Carol x

Leslie said...

So glad you played catch-up! Loved seeing these projects - they are all fabulous! The cutting board is a great gift idea, and your cards are always wonderful to see!

Hetty said...

Great work, Faith. Love that memory board.
The cards are wonderful too.

Cindy Groh said...

That 1st card is spot on for us. In summer months we substitute the watch for an Epipen. Hubs is allergic to bees 🐝. Anytime I leave the house, I have to have a water 💧 or two.
That second card, that’s my Dad! How funny. I love the bricks 🧱 I love the paper piecing shirt too. Fantastic!

Vee Cassidy said...

These are all totally brilliant. Vee xx

Doreen said...

Love all of your work Faith.xxx

Maria said...

The wooden board project is awesome, love it! Wonderful card for your brother! It’s a pat down thing for sure, lol! Hubby forgot to pat down yesterday for he forgot the key bob for the car. He had to use mine. And, your last card is so fun. I am lovin’ that plaid shirt! Great projects, well done!!

Shirley Young said...

Three great projects Faith. Last day of our hols today so maybe I’ll get back to some crafting next week xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Faith, good thing you noticed these fab makes, wonder what else is in the files? heehee Every time I do the same thing, I regret it. Just can't handle the remembering anymore. Thanks again for your cutter advice, I have you on "speed dial" for this topic! Have a great weekend, xoxo

cotnob said...

A super collection of makes Faith, I especially like the super gift.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol L said...

This little cutting board with a clip and notes is perfect for someone who enjoys cooking! I love this little gift! The cards are both fun, and I too seem to always go over a checklist before we leave the house. I guess it comes with aging?! LOL NJ on everything and I love that plaid shirt and matching shoes too! What a hoot!

Mac Mable said...

Enjoyed your catch up post Faith and what fabulous creativity x.

Beebeebabs said...

Love your projects - you did a great job as always thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!!!

Rosemary said...

a wonderful gift and set of cards, faith.

Brenda said...

What fabulous makes Faith, from the cutting board to the cards! I am going to be doing a cutting board craft soon too and I just may have to CASE this idea from you! The "home pat down" card is hilarious and definitely meant to be! I don't know how you get these freebie's that pop into your email, but this was is so fun! I love that you are using your cutting machine more than Photoshop! Makes me feel like I'm not alone when I use mine. lol The last card is just to dang cute! Love the image and the fun clothing in this cute guy. The side walk looks amazing too! So happy you found these and shared them with us, they are just fabulous!!!! Hugs, Brenda