17 July 2020

Stencil

Hi Everyone, my card today is a stencil I cut from acetate on my Silhouette, I got the file from the Design Store and cut! I had just had the new colour ink pad from Ranger so I decided to use that on it's own, no shading, I saw a card design on Pinterest that helped me with the design.

I coloured the stencil layer, then added a glue pen to the centres of some to add glitter, I die cut snowflakes for the corner, heat embossing the larger to match the sentiment, then cut the top one out of silver mirror to add a little contrast, I added some ribbon, I was able to find that matched the colour exactly, so lucky to have done that. They were all added to silver mirror card and onto the main card.

I'll try adding different colours and see how they come out, I'm a newbie to blending through stencils, or anything else actually LOL. I also cut others, which I haven't used yet. I'll post it here as usual when I have, here's the image on the screen while getting it all ready to cut.

here's the card

stencil - Filigree Star card ID #236941
ink - Distress ink Tumbled Glass
sentiment stamp - Crafters Companion mag freebie
embossing powder - Altenew Antique Silver
dies - unknown
ribbon - stash

15 comments:

Doreen said...

A beautiful card.x

crafty-stamper said...

WOW stunning monochrome card you are doing brilliantly making your own stencils and this one is beautiful and love the snowlakes
Carol x

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fabulous make! Loving what you are doing with these homemade stencils.

Beebeebabs said...

Absolutely beautiful

cuilliesocks said...

Just so beautiful Faith, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x x

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh Faith, it's absolutely beautiful! Love the soft inking and the touches of frosty silver. I think you're getting quite addicted to stencilling!! Vicky x

Shirley Young said...

Looks amazing Faith, stencilling is something else on my to try list xx

Greta said...

I have no idea about the equipment you use, but wow--what a glorious card, Faith!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Faith, so soft and delicate.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol L said...

Once again you worked some serious magic with your Silhouette, and this card turned out gorgeous!! I love the colors and design and that layered snowflake with ribbon is fabulous! Great job on this one, especially fond of all the silver stickers on the design!

Lisa Lynn said...

Faith, your snowflake card is beautiful. Love your embossing.

Rosemary said...

What a beautiful Christmas card, Faith! That stencil is so pretty!

Pat K said...

Absolutely stunning. Wonderful soft colours and design. I love it. xx

NanaConnie said...

WOW, Faith, you are just so good with your Silhouette cutter! Loving the icy blue and that multi-layer snowflake is marvelous. :-D

Mac Mable said...

A great way to use your homemade stencils and what a beautiful and stunning card Faith x.