16 June 2020

Fathers Day

Hi Everyone, apart from DT cards I am in the midst of indecision! I have spent all day trying to make a card for hubby on Fathers Day. I think I have looked through everything and discounted them all too. I left it all to do lunch, have a chat with hubby, have a cuppa, make dinner, look at cards on the web and eventually gave up and went with one ready designed and all I had to do is choose the paper! that was not easy either! BUT it's done. Thank you Shirley Young! The only thing I did was make it slightly bigger, because I could!

 At last a post on my blog. With the sun shining and so quiet without any wind either. I LOVE these late light nights. Anyhow, here is the card, it's an old design since 2012 and a NBUS! as Darnell would say.
Card design - Shirley Young and here
card - Crafters Companion, Centura Pearl
paper - Craft Sensations
I added some glue and Tonic Pure Sheen glitter, to the gold bits on the paper
stamp - Card Making Magic, mag freebie
embossing powder - Dovecraft
Silhouette Cameo


ready for my son to write nice things, as he usually does.




22 comments:

Marlena M. said...

This is awesome! Love the shape~

Shirley Young said...

Looks great Faith, I had totally forgotten this one but as you say it is a long time ago. Lovely papers xx

Carol L said...

What a great way to honor Dad on his special day with a big card like this! Love that little tag with the trophy too - very effective and fun!

Anonymous said...

One very lucky dad - he'll love it.x

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is fabulous! The papers are awesome to and I love your little trophy tag - so cute!

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Faith, well your card is fabulous, super design and such lovely papers, I'm sure your Hubby will love it, Kate x

crafty-stamper said...

Great shaped card and love the paper you used
carol x

Janet Packer said...

I love this card Faith, and your paper choice was perfect.

Brenda said...

Well Faith, this sure is a fabulous shaped card and I am so loving the paper you chose! So I think you did great and that hubby will love it! What better way to honor hubby on his special day?! The little tag with the trophy is perfect too, love that little touch. Yes, this is a very effective Father's Day card my friend. Hugs, Brenda

Hetty said...

Perfect manly bold card!
Love the colors too.

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, great papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh it's brilliant Faith and the paper was a great choice!
I love these peaceful light late nights too and often take Eva for a bonus walk then!
Take care, Vicky x

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful work as always!!!

Rosemary said...

what a fabulous father's day card, faith! so unique and clever!

NanaConnie said...

I think it's perfect. Faith! Love the paper you chose even if it was difficult. :-D

Mia said...

Faith, this is the most beautiful Father's Day card, I have ever seen. Great shaped card and gorgeous coloring. I love the glitter effect. Hugs, my dear friend.

Chana Malkah said...

You choose the perfect paper! This is nice!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

MagsB said...

This is fantastic, Faith! I love the paper, too! Take care!

love Mags B x

Gail said...

A fabulous Fathers Day card - nice work!

Mariann Jakobsen said...

This is fabulous! ❤️
Love the design and paper.
Hugs from your new follower from N-Norway

Greta said...

Great card--I would have used that design, too! Love the added glitter!

Viv said...

Great card here Faith, bet he loved it too ;) hugs Viv xx