29 August 2018

Photography & Cameras

Hi Everyone, my DT post today is for
This is a favourite subject of mine as I love taking lots of photos, of anything really, not too good at it, I just enjoy it, so you would think it would have been an easy subject for me. It wasn't! I had so many ideas I found it difficult to choose what to do. In the end I went with an image I have had a long time and played with it digitally. I added a mask, film strips, and used a scrapbook layout and a sentiment I think is so true. It will go to a GNephew who also loves photography. 

image - I had off the web many years ago
scrapbook mask - Indigo Designs
I have added the image below for you to see what a mask does.
film strips - Wishing Well Creations
background paper - Marisa Lerin Pixelscrapper
sentiment -  3D layered
all mat & layered onto blue card - stash

I chose the smaller left top image to play with

17 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Lovely image of the old camera and with the film strip in the background it looks awesome. Lovely vintage feel to this one Faith. Gorgeous masculine colors to.

Lynne said...

Terrific card and I agree, that sentiment is fabulous X

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card,love the design and fab image.xxx

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Wow this is cool!

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful image and sentiment on your fabulously digitically manipulated card X

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice masculine card - love the old camera

Nancy said...

That's a fantastic card, Faith! The image is really wonderful, and the colour combinations is great! It's fabulous! :o)

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, you have created a fabulous topper and I love your colour choices.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Liz said...

Lovely design, Faith and a beautiful sentiment. xx

MaryH said...

How great you remembered having this nifty & perfect imagine for someone who loves photography (BTW, I think your photos that you've shared have been marvelous!) You do such magic with your PS skills and while I love this image, all the techniques you used, the texture of the background, the dimension of the sentiment, all come together to create a splendid & masculine card. Great work, Faith. TFS & Hugs

Brenda said...

Wow! This is amazing Faith! I love the images you used and love you layered everything up. I agree, the sentiment is so true!!! I like to take photo's too and I'm not the greatest at it either, but I do enjoy it. I think this is the perfect card for your GNephew since he loves photography, it must run in the family! Hugs, Brenda

PJ said...

Wonderful Job. I love taking pictures too, I usually post pics of the little critters that visit our yard on my blog. However when it comes to taking pictures of my cards it never works out so nice. You did a fabulous job capturing the lovely art work you created. ♥PJ

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous masculine card love the vintage image and how you layered the digital effects
Carol x

Lisa Lynn said...

Faith, that is a gorgeous birthday card. I always love vintage cameras.

NanaConnie said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Faith! What a fabulous masculine card. Love the way you did all the layers.

Linby said...

I got a bit overwhelmed too as I have lots of photographic stuff - in the end I think I put too much of it on the card lol! Love yours and the layers you added are wonderful too.

Jane Savage said...

What a wonderful card! Love that image!
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) xxx