07 September 2017

25th Anniversary vase and box

Hi Everyone, I have had lots of celebration cards to make this last couple of weeks and this is another, one made for my baby Brother and SiL, who's Silver Anniversary is today, we will be away for a couple of days near Taunton, celebrating the renewal of their vows with lots of family and friends, I hope I've got this post scheduled correctly LOL.

They didn't want presents just donations to the Motor Neuron Disease Charity, the illness our elder brother died of 3 years ago. I decided to make a little something for them anyway.

The Big Box I made was for their present, which is a "hurricane" vase, you can now see by the shape, why it wouldn't go into the box I made. Anyhow, my "Bruvva" had sent me a cartoon image of themselves done earlier this year, so why not use it I thought?
I copied it into the design area of the Silhouette, traced it and cut it out of vinyl, then etched it with Armour paste to get the image, frame and 25 onto the vase. I didn't want it too obvious, I hope they like it. I have also done a card - of course, which will be I shall show you in a few days.

It's difficult to photo, but I hope you can see enough to give you an idea of what I did.

this is the box I had to redo to get the size correct. 
I'm afraid a boring square one.

The cut file bow is from a Crafters Companion CD "A Walk in the Countryside"
paper - The Range 
sentiment - sketched and cut on the Cameo
corner die - Tonic
bling from stash
vase as above




5 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Faith, that is such a wonderful gift and personal!!! You are a great sister and I'm sure that it will be appreciated. Hope you have a terrific time with your family.

Mac Mable said...

There is absolutely nothing boring about what you create Faith x Such a fabulous box and such a unique and clever gift. Great idea to use the sketch and in your amazing and clever way cutting it out of vinyl...You are so very talented x Looking forward to seeing their card in due course x

cotnob said...

A wonderful gift Faith, such a brilliant idea - your box is perfect, very elegant.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Beautiful work!

NanaConnie said...

Absolutely stunning, my friend!