05 June 2016

50th Anniversary card

Hi Everyone, today I have a card that is for my hubby, I can post it as he doesn't see the blog. It's our 50th Anniversary on the 11th June and we are going away for 3 days to Somerset to celebrate. I thank God, I have a wonderful husband and although, as everyone else, we have had our highs and lows in life, we are lucky that we have had a very happy marriage and I have the support of such a loving man.  AND he does most things around the house and garden LOL.

This card was influenced by Debby, Here I knew I had this fabulous image for quite a few years and searched it out in my files, it's by Jelleypark Digital stamps, which I have tried to link, but it seems they are not around any more, such a shame.

The only thing is he has a bald head, my hubby has a very full head of hair, so - I took a photo of hubby into Photoshop and copied his hair and and placed it on the bald spot LOL. Now it looks a little like us, well OK hubby is slimmer LOL.

I laid in all out in PS, coloured, paper pieced the settee and cushions, the couple with knit patterns and spot paper for her dress.  I followed the great Outlawz sketch from this weeks challenge. I looked for gold paper in my files and found fabulous ones by Marisa Lerin, the word paper is by Sheila Reid both at Pixelscrapper.  I added Nuvo Crystal Drops to the gold card, which with the 50 and hearts were cut with the Cameo. I fussy cut the image and 3D'd it and embossed the solid heart with a Tattered Lace embossing border. The specs are 3D glossed. I think he will like it.



Papers used in image.
him - France Stewart @ Pixelscrapper Feb 15 blog train  Rustic Charm knit. I changed the tone of the colours.
her - Just so Scrappy Designs Cherry paper dots
settee - Aveziur Winter Wedding
Cushions - Sheila Reid at Pixelscrapper Burlap paper.

http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/wednesday-sketch/forum/topics/wednesday-sketch-challenge-june-1-2016

http://stamplorations.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/june-challenge.html#more

http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/challenge-110-winners-108.html

http://crafting-with-friends.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/challenge-22.html

12 comments:

EdenLand Designs said...

This is a great 50th anniversary card!! Love all the gold touches :) Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Fingers this time around!
Susan - DT

Shirley Young said...

Wonderful card Faith.Happy Anniversary for the 11th and I hope you have a winderful break in Somerset xx

Sue said...

What a super 50th anniversary card Faith!!! have an absolutely wonderful day on the 11th and enjoy your time away..lots of huggles Sue xx

MaryH said...

More clever & skillful PS work from you! Love covering the bald head (now my DH IS bald! Has been since his early 20's, but I still love 'im). Congratulations on your BIG anniversary. Not many made it that long...so kudos to both of you. I'm sure it wasn't always easy...so even more of an accolade for being willing to work things out. Looking back, it's good you can see the happies, more than the 'not-so much'...I wish both of you all the best, and have a wonderful,relaxing/exciting - whichever works best at the time! - holiday. Love this delightfully happy card, cute image, wonderful design. Big hugs to you both. TFS

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Faith, how clever of you to change the image to look more like your hubby. Happy 50th Anniversary for 11th June, I hope you have a lovely break in Somerset.
Pauline
x

NanaConnie said...

This is wonderful, my friend, and congratulations of 50 years together! Such a delightful digi and it's sad that Jelly Park closed its doors.

Pamellia said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Wow, 50 years! Holy moses Faith, huge congratulations!! Love the card, great work with the hair!! WOW, 50 years, you go girl! hugs :)

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is just fabulous, Faith. I love all the paper piecing (especially the hair - what a riot!) I'm sure he'll love this and congratulations on your milestone. A wonderful accomplishment! Have fun on your get-away too!

Colette said...

Faith this is so adorable. I'm sure he will love it. Happy anniversary for the 11th! xx

Nancy said...

Awww...so great! Congratulations to you both! 50 years??? Did you get married when you were 10??? lol Yes, Jellypark has closed down but the owner, Claire, has opened Sherbet Lane, and is sharing her talent that way. :o)

LauraJane:) said...

What a LOVELY 50th anniversary card!! very sweet! Thanks for playing at STAMPlorations Monthly Challenge:)

Julie B said...

Aww, super anniversary card. Hope you had a fab break!
Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations. :)