11 February 2016

Love yourself!

Hi Everyone, I was going to enter this card into a challenge, then realised I had to use their stamps, oh! well another time I suppose. The image is from a progressive challenge, I have already made my one and only Valentine's Day card, so wondered what I would do. I already had the sketch and had decided on the digi papers to use, so what sentiment, well you can always rely on TLC for great ones, and found one in my files, she deserves the box of choccies LOL

I followed the sketch and cut a frame which I embossed with my new folder, laid the shapes out in PS and then printed and cut them out. Saves so much paper this way, I only print what I want. I paper pieced the girl and used dodge and burn to add shadows to her. I coloured her in PS too. I am pleased how she turned out. I added the printed heart and added 3D gloss to the digi button in the centre and a "real" bow. I used a cream textured card for a change, it may seem more cream then it actually is, as I had to take the photo in the dark, gives you an idea of what I did anyway.


Image by Valentine Girl Tickell Expressions at the Outlawz Progressive Challenge
Digi Paper by Paper Garden Projects Folk Art kit.
Sentiment Create with TLC.
Embossing folder Argyle by Die-sire

http://cutiepiechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/challenge-96-all-you-need-is-cutie-love.html



14 comments:

Pamellia said...

Fabulous card Faith!! Great image and amazing paper piecing job! I love the diagonal panel, what a great flow that creates with the geometric pattern! Beautiful. hugs :)

Shona Erlenborn said...

You have done a great take on the sketch, Faith. Love the paper-piecing and the coloring of your image. Lovely muted colors for this pretty card.

Shirley Young said...

You are so clever with PS Faoth, lovely card xx

Viv said...

Pretty card Faith,so clever too ;) Viv xx

cotnob said...

A lovely card Faith, such a pretty image and great take on the sketch.
Pauline
x

NanaConnie said...

Love your take on that sketch, Faith! It was fun working with it when I used it earlier this month. Great choice on the plaid paper. :-D

Tiggerscraps said...

Great card! I love her dress!

Tracy Welham said...

Lovely, really great layout. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

MaryH said...

It's a darling Valentine image, and that embossing frame really amps up the zing on this one. Loved the design of the corner-to-corner pattern paper, and adding in the tiny red bow. Amazing that you do lots of this in PS. Happy Valentines Day and have a super weekend. TFS & Hugs

Carol L said...

Very nice and unique framework of this image! Well done!

Pat K said...

Great paper piecing Faith. The folds in her skirt look fabulous. Awesome card. Thanks for playing along with us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. hugs, Pat K xx

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely sweet card, like the layout. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Cutie Pie Challenge cheers Sue N x

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely sweet card, like the layout. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Cutie Pie Challenge cheers Sue N x

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is marvelous. I really like the paper-piecing technique you used. I forgot all about that Progressive Challenge. That was years ago. Your card will now be on Valentine Girl's product page on our web site (www.tntartspirations.com), along with a link to your blog.
Thanks.
Teresa