04 February 2012

Ragged Romeo

Here is my card that I made with an image from Mo Manning. I wanted it VERY different to my last card and I don't think it could have been more different with these colours.

I have made the card in PS, starting with paper piecing the Vintage Oreaos digi paper by Summer Designs, I then coloured the image face etc and shaded it in PS.  I printed the background straight onto the card adding silver stickles to the centre of the rings.  I then printed the orange paper and image and sentiment label. The next step was to cut the border of the orange paper with a Martha Stewart punch, layer the image on top, wind the ribbon around it (I had it last year from the Paper Mill shop, now sadly closed)  and glued it onto the main card, then stick the label on with 3D foam stickers .  I added Stickles to the dress and her band and 3D Glossed the roses.

Close up of image




I am pleased with this different approach, it took me hours and hours of quite enjoyable work to do the image, but I think it was worth it.  You stampers are probably saying WHY don't I just colour it in with pencils etc.  It's because I like to do one off cards and I DO enjoy the challenge of doing it in PS, learning more each time I do it.  Hope you like it anyhow.

9 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

ooh the image is beautiful and i love the colours in your card .. really pretty
Lisa x

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a sweet image Faith and very, very clever to colour it using PS (I used to illustrate using PS for work so I know!) PS is just another skill - it's not 'better' to make cards one way or another. I think it's great you've found something you enjoy and that's what it's all about! Vicky x

Beryl K said...

Wow Faith, this is amazing. Your PS skills are awesome
Beryl x

Linby said...

Amazing colouring. Would take me days not hours lol! A beautiful card.
Linbyx

G Peplow said...

Fabulous card Faith, I love the colouring , it's all so gorgeous xxx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Gorgeous card Faith and that image is just so cute. As Vicky said PS is another skill and wish it was one I had although i have the programme I just cant get my head around it so more kudos to you.

Marie

Bonnie said...

What a darling image! I'm amazed and astounded at what you can do in PS!

Aileen said...

Ooh Faith, just spotted this one. What a brill image and it's coloured beautifully. Your skills are outstanding! x

Sarn said...

Simply stunning xxx