28 October 2020

Vintage Post Box

 Hi Everyone, I'm trying out different styles, I'm not entirely satisfied with these cards and not sure I'll even send them, what do you think? They are supposed to be shabby chic, something I never do, but thought I would try it.

 I blended some tea dye ink over white card after stamping the lovely image, then coloured them as pale as I could, so they looked aged? I scissored the edges, printed background paper after adding faux stitching. I placed some ribbon in the centre, coloured with ink.  A holly die was added to the corner, I really couldn't bring myself to add more, as it should be for the shabby chic!

stamp - Vintage Postbox, Chocolate Baroque 
Distress inks
holly die - Card Making Magic
ribbon - stash 
Holly paper - Creative Fabrica
faux stitching - Akizo Designs

I just had to add these Magpies who visited the garden this week. One had lost its tail feathers, but it didn't stop him flying in and out, with seemingly, no problem.


This is what he should look like

There wasn't much colour in the one above, being an awful day, so I thought I would go back a couple of years and choose this photo, so you could really see how long the tail feathers are.


19 comments:

cotnob said...

Super Christmas cards Faith, I love the vintage postbox.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sally H said...

I love your cards, Faith! So beautiful and I think you have really captured the vintage feel. Wonderful! We have some stand offs between the squirrels and the magpies here - all such characters!

Pat K said...

Love your shabby chic cards Faith...great image. Poor fella lost his tail feather..good to hear he is able to carry on. Such a beautiful bird. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful shabby chic cards and love the delicate coloured image.They are beautiful birds magpies and we see a few around here now-never used to see them outside of the countryside
carol x

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards,love the image....lovely magpie images.xxx

Sarn said...

You've done a great job on the shabby chic festive cards. Lots of detail and a bit vintage. Just the job.

Love magpies. Not superstitious, so my local ones go unsaluted!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Mia said...

Great cards, Faith. And yes, I love your shabby chic style.
My canary has lost feathers of his tail too. It is the season, my friend. Soon all the birds will have new feathers. Kisses!

Mac Mable said...

Yes your cards sure are shabby chic Faith and absolutely beautiful x. We've had quite a few magpies in the garden this year x.,

MagsB said...

I really like these, Faith, they are simple and definitely chic! I have a lot of difficulty with Shabby Chic cards, seeing yours has made me realise I tend to overload mine with embellishments. Keep going!

Magpies are fabulous when the sunlight strikes them to show off the blue sheen on their black feathers. Great pics!

love Mags B x

Carol L said...

You've done the shabby chic style very well and I think you should send these cards out! NJ on them both! That's the first I've seen a magpie up close and they are pretty birds - with or without tailfeathers!

Liz said...

Lovely cards Faith. As people say, sometimes we are our own worst critic. Good to see that the missing tail feathers aren't stopping the magpie fly. xx

Greta said...

I've never seen a bird without the tail feathers, but glad it didn't seem to bother him. Shabby Chic is not my style & I actually like that you didn't keep adding things. Love the image & the holly in the corner!

Shirley Young said...

I think it’s a lovely effect Faith. Poor magpie, lets hope he gets his tail feathers back soon xx

Brenda said...

I know nothing about shabby chic but I do know a beautiful card when I see one and these are both beautiful! I love the softness about them and the vintage look. So please send them Faith!!! Poor fella lost his tail feathers, glad he was still able to fly and land without issue. They are a beautiful bird, remind me of penguins with their coloring. lol Hugs, Brenda

Beebeebabs said...

Such a lovely project thanks for sharing in cute photos!!!

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh dear, I feel a bit sorry for the magpie (and I never thought I'd say that as they are quite vicious birds!)
I love how ready you are to try lots of styles of card making Faith and I think you've rocked the shabby chic look! Vicky x

Nancy said...

Oh, Faith! I think your cards are really lovely! Don't ever think otherwise! :o)
Great Magpie photos too. We have lots of them around here!

Hetty said...

Love the style of these cards, Faith.
The pictures of the birds are fabulous.

Rosemary said...

lovely set of cards, faith! your feathered friends are spectacular!