14 January 2020

Bloom stamp

Hi Everyone, a stamped card today, who would have guessed? Anyhow I saw this gorgeous bloom and die on offer at Dies to die For and I thought yep! I have to have it. 95%, if not more, of  my stamps are mag freebies, so it was a treat to buy this. I'm so pleased I did, I used different browns of Distress inks and was really pleased how it turned out.
I stamped and although I also have the die, I left it flat and then dry embossed piece of card and layered with the darker brown.

I hope everyone is safe and sound with all the extreme weather going on around the world, we are in the throes of storm Brendan, although it passed us last night, it has left high winds and heavy rain in its wake. It's only 2.30pm but more like 6pm with the darkness of the clouds and the amount of rain we are getting. I think we could give quite a few days of rain to Australia and California and not miss by it.

Majestic Bloom stamp set - Altenew
Ranger distress inks - sorry I have forgotten which browns I used.
sentiment stamp - magazine freebie
embossing folder - Embossalicious
sequins - stash

17 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous floral image Faith and love it coloured in shades of brown, beautifully designed card, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

The tones of your card look wonderful Faith and what fabulous stamping and colouring x. Yes weather bad up our way too x.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is so beautiful Faith. I'd never have thought to colour the flower in the browns but it looks really effective. It's nice that you treated yourself to the stamp and die (although I do warn you, collecting stamps can get quite addictive!) Glad you're safe after the storm passed you by. Even we (in the middle of England) are being battered by wind and rain. Vicky x

Beebeebabs said...

Such a lovely card thanks for sharing!!!

Lisa Lynn said...

Faith that's awesome. Love your coloring. So glad that you got yourself a treat with a new stamp.

Shirley Young said...

Looks fabulous Faith xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Faith and such a lovely stamp, I can see why you had to have it.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol L said...

That is a lovely floral image and it looks fantastic colored in earth tones too! I can see why you had to have it :)

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, Faith! It's a lovely image, and I really like all the layers you added, especially the embossed one. It frames it so nicely! :o)

Mia said...

Great combination of colors. Lovely card, Faith.

NanaConnie said...

Beautifully done, Faith. I love the shades of brown and that embossed & framed background piece is magnificent! I'm going to have to try that idea. I tend to make an embossed piece the entire background without any kind of framing but I adore what you've done here. Yes, I'm definitely going to steal your fabulous idea. :-D

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card love the fabulous stamp and beautifully coloured-love the neutral tones -we were warned about storm Brendan but the worst passed us by thankfully
Carol x

Shirley-Anne said...

Autumn hues are my favourite in any style . Love the embossed layer for added interest .
Hugs Shirley-Anne

Rosemary said...

what a lovely card! thanks so much for your sweet comment!

Inkyfingers said...

I'm a big fan of monochrome Faith and I love your beautiful soft flower. I would never have thought of using browns on a flower but it looks wonderful and makes me realise I need to be more adventurous!
We are safe after storm Brendan but our poor roof lost some tiles and I have a bowl catching drips!
Have a good weekend.
Hugs
Carol x

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation Faith!
Crafty Hugs, Sherry xx
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Greta said...

I have that flower set, but never did it with browns. This is gorgeous, Faith!