13 September 2017

Masking!

Hi Everyone, my DT card today is for
OH! NOT good for me, BUT this is a challenge and I'm up for it. I should have gone with PS masking so much easier LOL.

I have a limited amount of  "real" stamps, am I satisfied NO! this took me way out of my comfort zone. Firstly I stamped at least 10 times to get anywhere what I wanted, using the lids of inks to stamp from, as I don't have a stamp block!

I used water colour pencils for the images, added 3D gloss to the lamp and windows, some silver glitter pen on his bobble, even all that didn't turn out right, but I had left it to the last minute and HAD to go with it. I did TRY though! I have an awful lot of practicing to do with colouring and stamping, not my favourite thing to do. I LOVE these fabulous gnomes and the little house.

All Stamps - freebie in magazine by Apple Blossom Stamps,
 see also, with details this card
digital papers and star - Inspire Designs at @ Gingerscraps





13 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Faith, your card is just adorable.

Shona Erlenborn said...

You did a great job - using the lids of ink pads as your block!!! You're so creative. Love your little Santa gnome and his mushroom house - so sweet!

Karen Dunbrook said...

I think your efforts paid off...such an adorable card with lots of interest.
xx Karen

Mac Mable said...

Faith this has turned out really well and had a little chuckle about your 'love' of stamping and colouring. Great job and looking forward to seeing more stamping and colouring!!! Love how you've coloured the fun image and your gloss and the glitter on his bobble is fabulous! x

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Faith, this is a precious little gnome! Love the bright colors and if I didn't know you as well as I do, I never would have guessed that you don't use rubber stamps every day. :-D

cotnob said...

A super card Faith, your little gnome and house are so cute and your stamping and colouring look fine to me - don't be so hard on yourself.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Faith and definitely worth all the trouble-you can use CD cases as a stamp block or even the plates off a die cutting machine
-love the cute freebie stamps
Carol x

Christine said...

Just bought that magazine today!!! Been dithering over whether to or not so I did!!!
Love your cards... followed the link....those gnomes are real cuties.

Liz said...

Brilliant card, Faith, your stamping and colouring are perfect. Love the images, so cute. xx

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card!!!

Rocky said...

It's a great set isn't it and I love what you've done with it, I bet we'll both be doing much more with these little chaps.

Deborah Frings said...

I think it's great! Your little scene is just lovely! Cute stamp set too. xxx

Greta said...

Very cute!